cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator light on Ignite TV

williamtyler
I've been here awhile

there is a white light on the Ignite TV WiFi Box.

Sometimes it is on, Other times it is off.  Cannot find an explanation of what this means.

***Added Labels***

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Indicator light on Ignite TV

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

White light means it is on. No light means it is in standby mode or not powered on.

williamtyler
I've been here awhile

where is the standby controlled?  It has not been in use for over 18 hours and is still on.

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

Settings / Device Settings / Power Preferences. Change Power Saver to On.

williamtyler
I've been here awhile

thanks

I've been around
Why does the Light indicator britness keep getting dimmer until it's out ? Even when I've watched t.v for only a hour

Greetings @1287!

That's an interesting observation. The light is going out while you're actively watching TV and using the remote? I'll have to pay close attention to my own LED light this evening and see if that's happening to my box too.

Is there anyone else in the Community that is experiencing the same thing as @1287?

Regards,

RogersCorey

@RogersCorey  While trying to reproduce this on one of my set-top boxes, I seemed to have triggered some glitch where "Settings / Device Settings / Device Lights / Power Light Brightness" is now stuck in the Off position.  I can try to change the setting, and the LED does turn on when change the value to 1, 2 or 3, but then reverts back to Off when I accept/select the new value.

I may need to factory-reset the STB.

MS3
I plan to stick around

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am having the exact same problem described by RE-G. My indicator light used to turn on, now it always remains off even though I change the settings to the 3rd light level. Not a big deal but I like to know for certain that my box is off which I cannot confirm since the light is always off now even while being on.  I restarted box twice, light still remains off. 

HDMI CEC is set to on, and everything with the box is working fine otherwise. 

Any feed back is appreciated! 🙂

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MS3  I don't know of a safe way to reset the set-top box.  I would call Tech Support for assistance to see if they know of a way to clear this condition.  They may need to replace your STB.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MS3 wrote:

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am having the exact same problem described by RE-G. My indicator light used to turn on, now it always remains off even though I change the settings to the 3rd light level.

I just found a way to reproduce this problem.  It's not a defective STB, and I am currenting in the process of reporting the issue to @CommunityHelps .

For obvious reasons, I don't want to post the steps-to-reproduce.  For now, STAY AWAY from "Settings / Device Settings / Device Lights".  Don't change it, don't touch it, don't even look at it.

MS3
I plan to stick around

OK, will do, thanks RE-G!

MS3
I plan to stick around

Any update on this G?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MS3 wrote:

Any update on this G?

The @CommunityHelps  team created a ticket for this issue.  I presume that the Rogers Ignite TV support teams have now also confirmed the bug and opened a support ticket with their counterparts at Comcast.  I don't know how long it will take to fix.

MS3
I plan to stick around

Ok, thanks G

Innominese
I've been around

Anyone have an update on this? I changed my indicator light brightness over a month ago, and now the light doesnt work at all. Pretty significant flaw, especially when the box has a specific setting to alter indicator light brightness. 

Royzie
I've been around

I have 3 ignite top boxes, 1 has the light on when TV is on and goes off when TV turned off.  The other 2 have light on 24/7.   Is this normal or do I have a problem.

I have rebooted system and reconnected Top boxes to Controller to TV.  No changes in above.  Also consulted 2 rogers techs (3 hours plus waiting on phone).

Hello, @Royzie

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

To turn off the light on the Ignite TV box simply do into the Settings, then go to Device Settings, then scroll down to Device Lights. You can lower the brightness or turn it off entirely from this setting.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Edjel
I've been around

Hi Tony

I believe you response does not address the issue, I have the same problem. The box will not show a power light regardless of the setting. I set it brightness to 3 and as soon as I go back to main screen it reverts to "off" Is there a fix?

Thanks

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Edjel  Please see the following thread with details on why this occurs: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/The-Light-on-my-Rogers-Ignite-TV-set-top-box-is-alwa...

We need Comcast to fix the bug that I reported.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation