cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IgniteTV switch from Wireless to Wired on Set Top Box

fancyb
I'm Here A Lot

Hey there, i recently switched over to the IgniteTV and had all but 1 set top box hardwired lan connection.  The other box was setup with a wireless connection.  I have since ran a cable to hardwire the connection and want to switch the set top box over.

Can someone please help with the instructions on how to do this....

***Added Labels***

28 REPLIES 28

Re: IgniteTV switch from Wireless to Wired on Set Top Box

mubashir56
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried that but does not work. This is a Xi6-T box! Oh well, will let it be for now. Thanks again for your help. 

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It is not an elegant solution but how about using the Ignite app on your phone and using the "Pause Device" feature with the timing of "Until I unpause" setting. I have no idea if this would be change by a reboot, but it is easy to go back in a pause it again.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mubashir56 wrote:

Tried that but does not work. This is a Xi6-T box! Oh well, will let it be for now. Thanks again for your help. 

I don't know what to say.  I tested those steps on an Xi6-T.  One other trick that works for me is the following:

1. Connect the set-top box via WiFi and ensure that the Ethernet cable is disconnected.
  2. While the set-top box is on, initiate the WPS process to connect to a new WiFi network.
  3. WiFi will disconnect during the two-minute countdown.  Wait for the streaming to stop, then pull the power cable.
  4. Connect the set-top box to the network via Ethernet.
  5. Power up the set-top box.

mubashir56
I Plan to Stick Around

I think my issue is being unable to initialize WPS either by the button or through the remote control. Since I have been assured that the Xi-6 box will only connect to the strongest signal automatically [either through Wifi or Lan] I am willing to move and leave it at that. 

Thanks all for your help. Appreciate it. 

digital1
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a smart TVs without built in WiFi. Is it possible to run an Ethernet cord from the ignite tv box to back of tv to get internet?