cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IgniteTV switch from Wireless to Wired on Set Top Box

fancyb
I'm Here A Lot

Hey there, i recently switched over to the IgniteTV and had all but 1 set top box hardwired lan connection.  The other box was setup with a wireless connection.  I have since ran a cable to hardwire the connection and want to switch the set top box over.

Can someone please help with the instructions on how to do this....

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IgniteTV switch from Wireless to Wired on Set Top Box

RogersTim
Community Manager

Hey @fancyb,

You can't go wrong with hardwiring the box. The Set-Top Box should automatically grab the LAN connection over Wi-Fi, you may need to unplug the Set-Top Box from the power for 10 seconds. The diagnostics screen will still show you're paired to Wi-Fi. However, if you disconnect the Ethernet cable, your TV should cut out for a few seconds before it tries connecting to Wi-Fi again to verify.

RogersTim

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

RogersTim
Community Manager

Hey @fancyb,

You can't go wrong with hardwiring the box. The Set-Top Box should automatically grab the LAN connection over Wi-Fi, you may need to unplug the Set-Top Box from the power for 10 seconds. The diagnostics screen will still show you're paired to Wi-Fi. However, if you disconnect the Ethernet cable, your TV should cut out for a few seconds before it tries connecting to Wi-Fi again to verify.

RogersTim

View solution in original post

Thanks and how do I get to diagnostics screen?

RogersTim
Community Manager

No problem!

To access the diagnostics screen:

1. Hold Exit for 2 seconds
  2. Press the Down key twice. (silver arrow key below the OK button)
  3. Then input the number 2 twice. 

You will need to be a little quick about it as it will time out.

RogersTim

nuklz96
I've Been Here Awhile

Can I hard wire my ignite tv boxes to a 3rd party router? or does it have to connect to the XB6?  I have bridged my XB6 and have my own wifi6 (AX8) router running my network.  I have an extender meshed (EX7700) and would like to hard wire one of my boxes to the EX7700. I know that there is a "beacon" coming off my XB6 (which sucks) that talks to my boxes even though traffic is flowing from my own router but I am wondering if the box will stop communicating (back door) with the XB6 if it is hooked up via LAN.