cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IgniteTV no longer working on my Chromebooks

slydude
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I previously had IgniteTV working fine on 2 Chromebooks (differents brands). Recently, it stopped working on both. I get an error message indicating "Your system isn't compatible with Ignite TV", Error TVAPP-00140. Given that at least one of my Chromebooks is no longer getting SW updates (past Final Software Update) I know the change is not likely on the Chromebook side. To rule out one on my settings, I logged in as Guest on my chromebook and still get that same error. Has Rogers changed anything to prevent Ignite TV from working on Chromebooks?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IgniteTV no longer working on my Chromebooks

Hello, @slydude

Thanks for the additional details.

Chromebooks use ChromeOS which is not an officially supported OS for the Ignite TV website. We cannot guarantee that the website/app will work properly on that device as it is has not been tested or configured for that device.

If there are any updates to this we will ensure that the Ignite TV App and Browser Requirements webpage is updated.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMoin

Hello, @slydude.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Ignite TV on Chrome OS (Chromebooks) is not supported yet, hence it may not work reliably. We have discussed a degraded performance and a workaround in the other thread. 

We will update the Ignite TV support article when the requirements are revised.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

slydude
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I tried the suggestions mentioned in the thread mentioned in the reply, namely
- Turning off "Play Best Available"

- disabling video hardware acceleration

Neither of these made any difference. Given that I wouldn't have changed these myself in the past and I used to play Ignite TV just fine up to a few weeks ago I didn't think they would help.

Any other suggestions?

What is the timeframe for Rogers to officially support Chromebooks? Is it even on the roadmap?

What does the error code TVAPP-00140 mean?

Hello, @slydude

Thanks for the additional details.

Chromebooks use ChromeOS which is not an officially supported OS for the Ignite TV website. We cannot guarantee that the website/app will work properly on that device as it is has not been tested or configured for that device.

If there are any updates to this we will ensure that the Ignite TV App and Browser Requirements webpage is updated.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation