cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IgniteTV casting to Chromecast error

ohan
I've been here awhile

Hi, is anybody else having problem casting from IgniteTV to Chromecast? I was able to do this fine 2 days ago but unable to since yesterday. I am able to cast Youtube just fine. I got the "TVAPP-00115" error. I think it must be something from Roger's end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IgniteTV casting to Chromecast error

Hello, @Jagaur

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. We have been advised by several users that the casting issue that was being reported should be resolved.

Are you still experiencing issues with casting or has it started working since you posted?

RogersTony

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Silverpopt
I've been around

Yes I'm having the same issue, can cast with other apps but get the same error. It started yesterday around 7pm

Tom82
I've been around
It has happened before as far as I can tell but with their Shaw network in the west and curve app. It was resolved but has started up again yesterday. I’m getting the same error.

Jagaur
I've been here awhile

Having the same issue, was working fine now the TVapp-00115 error any time I try to stream. 

From what I've seen online it looks like some issue between Rogers and a vendor that is doing the transcoding for streaming.

Going on 3 days without an resolution.

Hello, @Jagaur

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern to the community. We have been advised by several users that the casting issue that was being reported should be resolved.

Are you still experiencing issues with casting or has it started working since you posted?

RogersTony

ohan
I've been here awhile

Seem to be working good now! Thanx.

Jagaur
I've been here awhile
Working as of the 13th in the evening

altimatic
I plan to stick around

I agree with everyone.  It was working again as of Jan. 13th and today, Jan. 14th... until shortly after 5pm today.  Now I can't cast again.  

Getting the "Something went wrong.  Please try again.  (TVAPP-00115) error".  Get the same from trying to case with the Ignite TV app (Android), or from my laptop's chrome browser.

I've tried all the usual stuff... clearing browser cache (on laptop), uninstall/re-install Ignite TV app, clearing cache from the Chromecast & rebooting...  nothing works.  This sounds more like a server-side issue on Rogers again.

I should add, this is not an issue with my Chromecast (w/ Google TV).  I can cast other things to it, just not Ignite TV.

Why doesn’t Ignite TV Go cast w Chromecast from my iPad like every single other streaming platform that I have? I didn’t pay an exorbitant amount to switch to ignite- which we didn’t want for this not to work when my 80-year-old father is away from his system and wants to watch some thing at my house with TV Go…

After entering the TV to cast to it says no media selected with the ignite logo on the TV -three dots waiting waiting waiting -like it’s loading but it never does.

Yes location services etc. turned on works fine with Netflix crave prime everything else,  it’s not an issue with my devices or Wi-Fi. 

chanelsmomma
I've been here awhile

I'm having the same issues at the cottage and this is a brand new Chromecast.  I can cast from any other app on my phone or laptop but not from Ignite...ridiculous!

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation