IgniteTV Surround Sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IgniteTV Surround Sound

@Claire70 wrote:
I have a Sharp surround system that’s connected to my Sony tv by optical. Can’t get the remote to connect to it

Are you trying to find a setup code so that the Rogers remote can control your Sharp audio system?  If so, one of the following links should help you to find the code that you are looking for:

If you can't find a working code, I think that you can also search one for an audio system by entering setup code 992.  Press and hold "A + D" on the XR15 remote (or "Setup" on the older XR11 remote) until the status LED turns green, then enter code "9 9 2".  Next, press the "Channel Up" button until your sound system turns off, then press the OK/Select button on the remote to lock in the code.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I cannot connect my Sharp surround system to my ignite remote.  Two Rogers reps have spent an hour trying to do this to no avail.  I have to use my harmony remote to control sound.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Using the links in post 61, I entered "Sharp" under the audio code finder and found the following codes when I said I didn't know the model.  Have you tried entering the following codes when programming the remote for audio?   30186, 33736, 33097, 31942, 31956, 33929.

@-G- may need to advise how to enter the codes for your particular remote since I don't have IgniteTV.  Which model remote do you have - the 11 or 15?  Did you try the "scan" method outlined in post 61?  The scan method may take many button presses until you find the code that works since there are many codes programmed into the remote for many devices.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes all those codes have been used but didn't work. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My remote is the XR15
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Claire70 wrote:

Yes all those codes have been used but didn't work. 

Hmm. Sorry to hear that. Many electronics are supplied by many different suppliers, so the Sharp may be made by say Samsung if all those (Sharp) codes didn't work.  The only thing left for you to try is the scan method outlined in post 61.  However, that is not a guarantee as the code for your device may simply not be programmed into the remote. Perhaps @-G- will have another idea.  Good Luck.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for trying. Appreciate the help?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Claire70  I'm sorry but I'm at a loss as well.  What is the actual model number of your Sharp surround system?  We might be able to track down who actually manufactured it on behalf of Sharp.

Here's a thread from the Xfinity forum where somebody got an soundbar from some obscure brand working: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Help-pairing-remote-to-soundbar/td-p/3128568

(This is for the older XR11 remote.  For your XR15, press and hold "A + D" buttons simultaneously rather than the Setup button".)

And here are alternate instructions for setting up the Xfinity-branded XR15 remote:

These pages may have more codes in their database.  To program a 5-digit code, press and hold the "Menu (Rogers) + Mute" buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds, wait for the status light to turn green, then enter the 5-digit code."

For Step-by-Step instructions on paring your remote to a TV and Audio Receiver, press the "Rogers" button and go to Settings ("gear" icon) > Remote Settings > Voice remote pairing

I will follow up with any additional information that I can find.  Best of luck with getting your remote configured!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried that - still doesn't work.  The sound doesn't turn off. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried the 992 but it didn't work . Volume doesn't go off when I press the channel up.