IgniteTV Surround Sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: IgniteTV Surround Sound

Rogers Ignite plays recordings in stereo PCM only. Live is 5.1 capable. This was as per the agent. I have a screenshot of this. Also they may never fix this is what I was also told.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Don't blame Rogers for this one.  It appears to be a Comcast decision.  So, Comcast equipment, Comcast rules ......  to put it politely. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Really? This is because I asked for a lower cable bill and they gave me this stating it's better. Sounds like Rogers problem to me. Anyway. I want it fixed. That's what I'm after. So how do I get Rogers to fix this. Stereo on a product that they are pushing is not acceptable in 2019. How is it Netflix, Kodi etc can make this work. Stereo.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How do you fix it?  Tell Comcast to record tv shows in 5.1 instead of 2 channels.  When Comcast decides to do it, that would or should give Rogers the ability to do the same.  If you cruise thru some of the xfinity forums, you will see the same complaints.  Comcast doesn't appear to be in any hurry to make any changes.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Could you supply a link to COMCAST For this. I don't mean a link to see that xfinity does this. I mean a link to whom can solve the issue. I will gladly offer them a free trip to my house to see my state of the art setup and their equipment short comings. Also who at Rogers thought going backward was a good idea? I find it off I pay my monthly bill to Rogers and they choose to blame their chosen vendor?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jpihura1 : I assume you're being sarcastic about the Comcast person. Here's the link to the last update from Rogers.  There are numerous previous posts (61 onwards in that thread) on the topic of no DD5.1 on recordings on Rogers Ignite.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Should-I-Make-the-Switch-to-Ignite-TV/m-p/451264#M41...

All Ignite customers look forward to a quick resolution, so keep bugging them.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I actually am seroius. I appreciate your link to this issue. Sadly I was not informed of this when I asked "so what am I going to lose" if you know whom I should contact. I will. And do what I said on my dollar. .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Tonight I tested our recordings on Ignite TV after reading these posts.  Per my earlier update - after changing the HDMI pass-thru settings on our Sony receiver there is surround sound on both live TV and recordings.

Now, I am not certain if it is Dolby Digital 5.1 on recordings.  Dolby Digital 5.1 scrolls on the receiver during live TV.  But, the recordings are definitely not 2-channel (we are getting left, centre, right, surround and LFE-woffer separation).  The receiver says it is receiving Dolby D+.  Normally PCM lights up on the receiver if it sees PCM.

I am trying to figure out if this is "simulated" surround on the recordings or true surround. I am no expert.  More research required?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Pro logic is Dolby but in stereo. I have the agents response if you would like to see it. Not 5.1 as per them and equipment.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

My old AVR and now my new soundbar always shows DD 5.1 on Live TV, On demand and the Recordings.  But when I listen to the back surrounds, the Recordings never have any sound coming from them.