IgniteTV Surround Sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerrt345
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: IgniteTV Surround Sound

so apparently my reciever is old and sucks, but there must be some sort of splitter which can take the hdmi signal and pull out the audio through another cable right?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gerrt345 : As discussed in recent posts in this thread, to which your post may have been moved, you have several options:

1. Feed HDMI to the TV and optical from the TV to the AVR.  The TV needs to be set properly in the audio setup menu to send the audio to "external" instead of "internal" speakers.  Most newer TVs have this capability.

2. Purchase a converter that has HDMI and optical output with an HDMI input.  You can then feed optical to the AVR as above.  I'm assuming your TV uses HDMI since you don't mention any issues regarding HDMI with IgniteTV.

3. Purchase a new AVR.

Edit - Sorry, I didn't see your post 130 before posting my response.  Most FPs don't have the same capabilities as TVs regarding audio, therefore option 1 may not work, so you'll have to go with options 2 or 3.  As indicated on page 10 of the OM, this AVR doesn't handle HDMI audio, so you'll need the optical or coaxial audio input.

https://downloads.denon.com/documentmaster/us/avr-689-om-e_209a.pdf

dss_cottage
I'm Here A Lot

I'm seriously considering a switch to Rogers Ignite but I'm concerned about what I read concerning DD 5.1 on Cloud recorded programs. I have read a number of posts (many from @57 ) which report that Rogers improperly encodes DD 5.1 on Cloud recorded programs. @57  has posted recommendations for managing this issue but I'd like to understand a little more before I switch.

I contacted Rogers tech support and they didn't know anything about improperly encoded DD 5.1 on cloud recordings.

I have a Denon A/V receiver and pressing the "Info" button displays both the input and output audio channels. (example attached from a Rogers Digital PVR recording).

dolby.jpg

Could I be so bold as to ask anyone who has a similar capability and Rogers Ignite to post a similar photo when playing an Ignite cloud recorded program?

aharkies
I Plan to Stick Around

(post merged)

toshiba ty-sbx1020 sound bar

just bought this and cant for the life of me figure out how to control it with the rogers remote, i have the xr-15v2

RogersCorey

Greetings @aharkies!

You can find instructions on how to pair your remote to your soundbar here: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pairing-the-voice-remote#avreceivers

Regards,

RogersCorey