04-18-2022 11:07 AM - edited 04-18-2022 12:42 PM
I had a thread under Digital TV called "IPG Inconsistencies" because there were so many issues with the Guide. I didn't think I'd have to start a similar thread here so soon because I'd heard that the Guide is more accurate and has better Programme Titles. Although this is true, there are still quite a number of issues.
1. New Recordings. There are still quite a few programmes listed as "new" that are not. Even when they just aired on the same channel recently (Dr. Pol) is an example. (Yes, I selected a specific channel, not "HD Preferred).
2. SportsNet. I like to record the Misplays of the Month, but there seem to be a quite a few last minute changes (and I mean in the one day between when I set a recording and it's supposed to air.) The programme doesn't record, so I need to find a new airing. No big deal, but I don't know why such a programme, which often airs mid-day when nothing else "important" is being shown, gets shifted/removed at the "last minute".
3. Stingray Festival 4K. I've set a couple of recordings and the programme was half over when I went to view the recording. In future I'll know enough to add significant buffer before and after the scheduled time. I really do appreciate the default 1 minute buffer before and after, but that's not enough on this channel.
4. Formula 1. There are almost too many issues. to go into, but I'l try to keep it brief.
a) Practice 2 is often labelled Practice 1, not biggie, but it's been like this for years.
b) (last weekend's) Formula 1 Chequered Flag programme title changed to F1 Checkered Flag this coming weekend. Wow, Just Wow!
c) Sprint Race. The Sprint Race this coming weekend is mislabelled. Yes, it is a sort of Qualifying, but...
d) Last race when I set my recordings some of those recordings changed their air time during the week, luckily to the appropriate times. However, one of those (previous) air times recorded SportsCentre even though I never record that programme.
e) Not quite sure why all the F1 activity for the weekend cannot have the Programme Title "Formula 1 Racing", although some of the various airings now do, unlike Digital Cable where everything was different.
f. When I review my scheduled recordings, which I do almost daily, the times and programme titles for F1 programming are all over the place (and often incorrect) up until the day of the event. Luckily it seems to get closer to being correct as time passes.
It is nice that this is better than Digital Cable, however, It obviously still has a ways to go. I've been on Ignite for 3 weeks.
10-04-2022 02:46 PM
@danno100 : Sometimes the box gets out of sync with the server overnight. If you go to Rogers, Settings, Device Settings, Sync DVR, that may solve the issue. Also give Restarting the Gateway using the WiFi app a try - this usually takes up to 12 minutes, but often solves glitches.
10-05-2022 10:30 AM - edited 10-05-2022 10:34 AM
I usually go by the F1 website to check on air times for the various weekend events. It looks as though TSN and Rogers are late by an hour all weekend. I'm not sure who's correct, but I've set Ignite to record the programmes preceding the event so it's not missed.
Sometimes this is corrected at the last minute.
There is a repeat of the race at 7:30AM, so I've set a single recording for that.
10-06-2022 10:39 AM - edited 10-06-2022 10:41 AM
It looks like a "last minute" adjustment was made overnight and it appears the timing for the F1 events is now correct, however, none of my series recordings were set up properly at the proper times. (I record practice, pre-qualy, qualy, F1 Sunday, Race, Chequered Flag) Some of the series recordings were scheduled, but for the repeats later in the day. I have therefore set single recordings at the proper times.
When there were two TSN channels that were airing the event, I selected the higher channel number for my single recordings because IgniteTV usually choses the lower channel number. Better to have two recordings than none. It'll be interesting to see what actually records over the next 3 days.
My major interest obviously is the Race, and Qualy, but I often zip through the other F1 programming for items of interest.
10-11-2022 09:56 AM
On Saturday, October 8th I recorded Superbike Portugal Race 1 on REVTV. Unfortunately the race was delayed due to an accident in a previous event and the race never got started during the recording. The live event was not extended (like it should be?), so I missed that race. Race 2 on Sunday recorded fine. Race 1 is now available on demand, but it's just the same thing I recorded, rather than the actual race. It would be nice if REVTV had a recording of Race 1 instead of an hour and a half of talk while waiting for the race to start...
10-15-2022 11:09 AM - edited 10-15-2022 11:11 AM
On Saturday, October 8th I recorded Superbike Portugal Race 1 on REVTV. Unfortunately the race was delayed and never got started during the recording. Race 1 is available on demand, but it's just the same thing I recorded, ...It would be nice if REVTV had a recording of Race 1...
Last night I recorded the repeat of Race 1 and it showed the race instead of the delay. The On-demand selection also now has the race. Thanks REVTV and Rogers.
10-27-2022 12:42 AM - edited 10-27-2022 12:54 AM
The first 4 issues pertain to REV TV (channel 540 here).
1. Superbike had two races this past weekend as usual, however, the second race on Sunday was not listed properly in the Guide (it had a different name from my new series recordings.) I recorded that (differently titled Sunday) programme since it was at the same time as the Saturday race and was able to watch the race.
2. I record "Inside Line" on Tuesdays at 8PM as a single recording (discussed earlier in this thread). The programme must have started before 7:59 because even the 1 minute buffer provided by Rogers didn't catch the start of the programme. It's pretty rare that I miss the beginning and I usually add a (large) buffer to the end any live programming.
3. I have a "new" series recording set for "FIA World Rally". This week it was listed without the FIA, luckily I check my scheduled recordings and set a recording for this programme.
4. There may have been an issue for my MotoGP series recording, but I honestly can't remember exactly what.
Looks like REV TV (and Rogers hounding them) have some work to do on their inputs for the guide, since I have several previous posts discussing REV TV guide shortcomings.
5. I have a new series recording set for "Engineering Catastrophes" on Cottage (336). It recorded the same programme three times in the past few days.
So, a couple of these issues would have resulted in missed recordings, while other issues simply resulted in extra recordings that I had to delete.
11-20-2022 01:50 PM - edited 11-20-2022 02:22 PM
Another F1 Guide mess today. I always record F1 Sunday, which usually airs 1.5 hours before the race, but this morning when I went to watch it, we were already 8 laps into the race. TSN5 had the correct time on their schedule, but IgniteTV Guide did not. If I had only recorded the race, I would have been half way through the race, luckily I always record the pre-show.
F1 Chequered Flag, which airs after the race, was also missing from the IgniteTV guide, but it is shown on TSN's website.
I was complacent and forgot to check last night and paid the price this morning. I really hate having to baby sit this guide all the time. Always having to go to the race or broadcaster websites and checking the air times is a pain.
There were another few minor issues in the past few weeks, mostly on REVTV probably with WRC, SuperBike and MotoGP races, but I can't remember the specifics right now. These race seasons are over for this year. Let's hope next year is better.