Ignite tv/internet constant disconnect - error code rdk-03117

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite tv/internet constant disconnect - error code rdk-03117

We recently got ignite tv and internet and everything was working reasonably well until yesterday. The tv and internet suddenly began to cut out periodically through the day. I would go to the hub unplug it then plug it back in 7 to 10 times. Now today it’s happening again. I get the error code rdk-03117 anyone have a clue as to what it means. Thank you for any help in advance.

***EDITED LABELS***

Highlighted

Re: Ignite tv/internet constant disconnect - error code rdk-03117

Greetings and good afternoon!

That error is typically related to an outage. If rebooting your modem isn't helping, then that leads me even further to believe there is an outage.

If you're still encountering a service interruption, please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can look into it for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite tv/internet constant disconnect - error code rdk-03117

@RogersCorey wrote:

That error is typically related to an outage. If rebooting your modem isn't helping, then that leads me even further to believe there is an outage.

I just got home, started watching some recordings on my PVR, and also got RDK-03117.  Had problems accessing Internet sites on my computer and mobile devices as well.

I have my XB6 in bridge mode and am using my own router and Wi-Fi mesh.  As @RogersCorey  said, this error is caused by a connectivity problem, often a service outage of some sort.  In my case, it could be due to a problem with my equipment or it could be a problem on the Rogers side.

I tried to check the stats on the XB6 but could not log into it.  Restarted my router but that didn't fix the problem; I still cold not communicate with the XB6.  Checked the XB6 modem:  Status light was solid white (normal), unit was still at a normal temperature, but the internal fans were revving at full speed.  Power-cycled the XB6, then restarted by internal network.  Everything went back to normal again.

Checked the logs on the XB6 and saw 7 Critical errors where DHCPv6 failed to obtain an IPv6 address earlier this evening.  I don't know to what extent it was even able to communicate over the Cable/WAN link.  Nevertheless, power-cycling the XB6 restored my Internet connectivity.