Ignite stuck on Welcome screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rileymd
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite stuck on Welcome screen

Progress! Your suggestion helped.
I unplugged for few minutes, and when I press the Mic, it still seems to be working. Then I figured out that my kids mixed up the remotes, so this remote is the basement. BUT: when I went to switch them back, I found out that I have 2 remotes now paired to the basement STB (because yesterday I paired the living room remote to basement! ). So, how do I re pair the original remote back to the living room TV STB? Thanks so much!
rileymd
I've Been Here Awhile

Googled it and it's been re - paired! So summary: no issue from Roger's end. Total user issue (I blame the kids). Thanks so much, love this forum. Thanks @-G-
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rileymd wrote:
So, how do I re pair the original remote back to the living room TV STB? Thanks so much!

That depends on which remote you have.  First, you'll need to un-pair the remote:

If you have the older, contoured XR11 remote, press the "Setup" button on the lower left until the status LED turns green, then key in code "9 8 7"

If you have the new XR15 remote, press and hold the A and D buttons simultaneously until the status LED turns green, then key in code "9 8 7"

Next you will need to re-pair the remote.  Point the remote directly at the set-top box and press the Microphone button.  You should now see on-screen prompts with step-by-step instructions on how to to complete the pairing.

If you should run into any problems getting the remote paired, you can find a slightly more complicated official procedure here: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pairing-the-voice-remote

Saskey
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite Reboots to "Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue"

Ihave had Ignite for less than two weeks, but it has an infrequent and irregular habit of "rebooting" or something.  The screen goes black, then comes back with just the above message in the centre of the screen. Then goes black again, then the message, and this repeated four times yesterday, followed by "Welcome [to entertainment...]" or similar message and then the program returns, except for Netflex, where it returned to TV and not Netflix.  The previous time this happened, as I recall, the message appeared only once before returning. I had thought initially that it was some sort of update, but there was no indication of this, and four times seems excessive (well, one time is excessive). Is this a common issue and is there a known cause?

[EDIT: To be clear, my Ignite is NOT stuck on the Welcome screen! It just occasionally and randomly brings up the screen and then returns to TV, so NOT STUCK on welcome screen.]

RogersTony

Hello, @Saskey

I can understand how annoying it is to experience this issue. It sounds like there could be an issue with the Ignite TV box or the WiFi connection.

• How many bars on WiFi do you have on the Ignite TV box? 
  • Do you have more than one TV? If yes, have you noticed the same issue on another one of your TVs?

If you have not already please reboot the Ignite TV modem, once it has come back online reboot the Ignite TV box that is experiencing the issue. Let us know if it is happening again and please document the time it happened so we can see if there is any errors logged on our end.

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sounds like a defective box to me. It should not be rebooting like that.

If this is the post you commented about elsewhere, I agree, this should NOT have been merged into this thread.
Saskey
I Plan to Stick Around

RogersTony - Thanks for the reply.  I just logged in and read your comments a few minutes ago, however, just a short while ago (about 5:55 PM) , the screen blanked, followed by the Welcome message, and this repeated about 4 or 5 times until it returned to TV. Then just a few minutes later, it repeated the sequence, then a few minutes later did it again. Sometimes after the first blackout, a menu appears, but flashes by so quickly it is difficult to see it. So, after this happening, I did reboot the modem and TV box (unplugged both, then connected the modem then the TVbox), but will need to wait to see how that goes, as it has only done this less than once per day, so not continuous.

We have only one TV; I do not understand your first question - what bars on the Ignite box?

I will let you know if this persists after the reboots.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Saskey wrote:

RogersTony - Thanks for the reply.

We have only one TV; I do not understand your first question - what bars on the Ignite box?

I will let you know if this persists after the reboots.

I believe that @RogersTony  was asking about the WiFi signal strength that your set-top box was seeing.  If you press the i (Info) button while watching TV, you will see signal strength bars next to the current time/temperature.

You can also check the WiFi signal strength by going to Settings / Device Settings / Network.  Ideally, it should say that your WiFi signal strength is either good or excellent.  If it is weak or poor, then that could account for some of the problems that you are seeing.