Ignite stuck on Welcome screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite stuck on Welcome screen

We have three ignite boxes. Two work and one does not. We have tried rebooting it. Restarting it. Resetting it. We have changed the cables. Changed the HDMI port too. And nothing. We rebooted the modem and it still refuses to work.
The welcome screen comes up but it never goes any further. Is it possible we have a defective unit?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes.Exactly what mine did. I called them and they replaced it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, sounds exactly like mine, and you've done the exact things as I with no success. 

Call Rogers - experience suggests that box needs to be replaced.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

What does that even mean????
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LW3377 wrote:
What does that even mean????

If you're asking about what the "Welcome screen" is, the Xi6 set-top box displays the following messages while it is starting up: 

Welcome.  Bienvenido.   Bienvenue.  

or

Welcome

Connecting to your entertainment experience

If the Xi6 gets stuck on one of these screens, it means that something is preventing it from starting up fully.  It might be due to a minor glitch (that can be cleared by power-cycling the device) or it could be caused by something more serious, such as a failed firmware update or defective hardware.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This also worked for me.  Unplugged modem, plugged back in.  Unplugged Ignite Box, plugged back in.  Goodbye Welcome screen!! Welcome screen disappeared!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV stuck at start up screens

After some update from Roger end, it can't get past the new start up screen. Rebooted modem, rebooted the box, reseeded the remote batteries - stuck at new screens that are advertising things like voice remote tips, etc. Anyone else?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rileymd  These Ignite TV tips are now shown on the Screen Saver.  If you see these, your set-top box should be up and running and have network connectivity.  Is it possible that your voice remote got unpaired somehow?  To check for this, press the Microphone button on the remote.  If the status indicator on the remote is red and you hear an error tone then your remote is not communicating with the set-top box.

Does your set-top box respond if your point your remote directly at it and press a button?  (e.g. the Select/OK button or the Microphone button)

If your set-top box is actually stuck on the Screen Saver and will not respond, that's a totally different problem... although there may be a few other ways that you can try to wake it up.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@-G-. Thanks. Yes, remote works. When I press rogers button, flashes blue. Makes the normal sound. Basically holding the remote directly in front, pressing guide, voice, holding power for 10 seconds - no response. Remote stlll works on tv.

What are some tricks to try to wake up the box? But my suspicion here is a failed firmware update.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rileymd  A similar problem has happened before but usually it is a one-off glitch.

Try unplugging all cables (HDMI and Power) from the set-top box and leave them disconnected for one minute.  (While the STB is powered down, click the Microphone button on the remote again to confirm that it is not communicating with anything.)

Next, reconnect the HDMI cable and then connect the power cable.  Hopefully, this will reset things back into a good state.