Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

Nothing like piling on, but I agree; your advertisements and "TIPS" should be an elective.  We pay for this and I don't want stuff that I pay for to be something I don't like...  Use your noodles and remove them.  The screensaver function is GREAT, but now that I have to watch the same adds and tips over and over and over again, it's no longer serving it's purpose.

CHANGE IT please.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes, well said.  Before I was seeing some of the pictures, now all that is on the screensaver is Rogers stuff.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Would you like to know the worst part about the tips? You've rendered my changing the Wifi password USELESS. My kids found out that they can just "ask the tv" what the new password is. I'm trying to control screen time and my oldest is getting ahead of me tech wise (using VPNs to skip over the built in parental controls on the Ignite Hub) so I resorted to changing the password. The TV then gave it up.

Thanks for nothing

Highlighted

Hello, @jtp

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can completely understand your frustration here, ensuring that your Wi-Fi password is not easily accessible is very important. This is why we have enabled Application Locks for specific apps including the Wi-Fi information.

Please follow the steps outlined in this post: Click Here by @RogersMoin to place an Application Lock PIN for your Wi-Fi information.

Let the Community know if you are having any issues after trying these steps.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We pay a lot for Rogers Ignite service. You shouldn’t need to entice us to pay for even more services.