cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

Stalkel
I've been here awhile

Suddenly my ignore screen saver is no longer lovely landscapes and instead advertisements for Rogers features and channels. I hate it and I’d like it changed back. I’ve tried the screensaver options in settings and it’s still landscapes?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Perhaps you could pass on some feedback to the Ignite TV Product Team: While both new and longtime Ignite TV customers appreciate getting useful information and learning helpful tips, this is also not the kind of content that you want to or need to see over and Over and OVER again.  Some folks have asked for a "Quiet Channel" with absolutely no sound.  That could be another (and perhaps better) place to display helpful Ignite TV tips, new features, upcoming changes and other promotional content rather than hijacking the screensaver.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I haven't been able to find any way to disable the screensaver tips.  These should have either been implemented as a separate screen saver category or there should have been an obvious option to disable them... and/or a screensaver tip that tells you how to disable screensaver tips.

I even tried turning off "Settings / Preferences / Notifications / Rogers Ignite TV Tips" but that didn't have any effect on the screensaver.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Stalkel!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new screensaver! Apologies though as I don't believe it is possible at this time to change it.

Thank you for your understanding.

@RogersAndy

Stalkel
I've been here awhile
Why did you change the screensaver to an advertisement? I don’t need a screensaver showing me my channels. I already have those channels?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Perhaps you could pass on some feedback to the Ignite TV Product Team: While both new and longtime Ignite TV customers appreciate getting useful information and learning helpful tips, this is also not the kind of content that you want to or need to see over and Over and OVER again.  Some folks have asked for a "Quiet Channel" with absolutely no sound.  That could be another (and perhaps better) place to display helpful Ignite TV tips, new features, upcoming changes and other promotional content rather than hijacking the screensaver.

This needs to change back ASAP! Stop shoving your ads down my throat. Rogers Ignite won’t be with me much longer if this keeps up.

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Yes, the Episode screen was changed recently also and not for the better!  Also it is still broken, why change something that works to something that is broken?!

Hello @-G-, @YourBossAlex, & @Square

@YourBossAlex, Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I really enjoyed the landscape views too so I can understand the frustration around the changes to the screen saver feature. 😞

Thanks so much for your feedback.

RogersTony

JedNotZed
I've been around

This is ridiculous. Why does it say landscape when all it is is ads. I’m seriously considering cancelling my Rogers account over this.

Gaye
I've been around
If I want tips, put them in the settings somewhere but don't give me a useless screensaver setting that doesn't work

Momaj2005
I've been around

Nothing like piling on, but I agree; your advertisements and "TIPS" should be an elective.  We pay for this and I don't want stuff that I pay for to be something I don't like...  Use your noodles and remove them.  The screensaver function is GREAT, but now that I have to watch the same adds and tips over and over and over again, it's no longer serving it's purpose.

CHANGE IT please.

Square

Yes, well said.  Before I was seeing some of the pictures, now all that is on the screensaver is Rogers stuff.

jtp
I've been around

Would you like to know the worst part about the tips? You've rendered my changing the Wifi password USELESS. My kids found out that they can just "ask the tv" what the new password is. I'm trying to control screen time and my oldest is getting ahead of me tech wise (using VPNs to skip over the built in parental controls on the Ignite Hub) so I resorted to changing the password. The TV then gave it up.

Thanks for nothing

Hello, @jtp

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can completely understand your frustration here, ensuring that your Wi-Fi password is not easily accessible is very important. This is why we have enabled Application Locks for specific apps including the Wi-Fi information.

Please follow the steps outlined in this post: Click Here by @RogersMoin to place an Application Lock PIN for your Wi-Fi information.

Let the Community know if you are having any issues after trying these steps.

RogersTony

We pay a lot for Rogers Ignite service. You shouldn’t need to entice us to pay for even more services.

Guajirita
I've been here awhile
My nice animals screen saver that helped me to wake up in the mornings, have dissapeared, since the ignite tv tips have taken over and over. This needs to be fixed immediately when there is an option as Apps that allows you to look for tips and tricks about ignite tv. That is a rude decision from Rogers not asking first for a general customers opinion.

Guajirita
I've been here awhile
How are you saying cannot be fixed? If Rogers decided to do this change without taking in consideration the customers 'opinion, now has to be a possibility to reverse your rude decision.
I really hate seeing over and over the tips and tricks for Ignite TV when they are already included in the section "apps"!

Square

Yes, in settings under screensaver it still only shows Animals, etc, no mention of ADS, lol  They can easily add a Ads option.  After they butchered my Episode page (still broken), after talking to the Office of the President, who told me they would change it back(they did not) and still no Dolby Digital 5.1 on my Ignite Cloud recordings, guess it's 3 strikes and Rogers is out, lol

ruypaz
I've been here awhile

Perhaps you should post an answer and not leave people on search for it.

bobshour
I've been here awhile

The TV migrates immediately to ads for movies, programs etc.

Difficult to exit.

Reaching a TV channel requires waiting through an intrusive, unwanted annoying series of ads.

Whoever at Rogers thought this was a good idea, their understanding of consumer preferences is abysmal.

Shame on Rogers.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bobshour wrote:

The TV migrates immediately to ads for movies, programs etc.

Difficult to exit.

Reaching a TV channel requires waiting through an intrusive, unwanted annoying series of ads.

Whoever at Rogers thought this was a good idea, their understanding of consumer preferences is abysmal.

Shame on Rogers.

You can change this in Settings / Device Settings / Screen Saver.  I currently have mine set to "Animals" but  I preferred the Landscape pictures.

Topic Stats