Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

Suddenly my ignore screen saver is no longer lovely landscapes and instead advertisements for Rogers features and channels. I hate it and I’d like it changed back. I’ve tried the screensaver options in settings and it’s still landscapes?

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite screensaver no longer landscapes and ads?

@CommunityHelps  Perhaps you could pass on some feedback to the Ignite TV Product Team: While both new and longtime Ignite TV customers appreciate getting useful information and learning helpful tips, this is also not the kind of content that you want to or need to see over and Over and OVER again.  Some folks have asked for a "Quiet Channel" with absolutely no sound.  That could be another (and perhaps better) place to display helpful Ignite TV tips, new features, upcoming changes and other promotional content rather than hijacking the screensaver.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I haven't been able to find any way to disable the screensaver tips.  These should have either been implemented as a separate screen saver category or there should have been an obvious option to disable them... and/or a screensaver tip that tells you how to disable screensaver tips.

I even tried turning off "Settings / Preferences / Notifications / Rogers Ignite TV Tips" but that didn't have any effect on the screensaver.

Highlighted

Hey @Stalkel!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new screensaver! Apologies though as I don't believe it is possible at this time to change it.

Thank you for your understanding.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why did you change the screensaver to an advertisement? I don’t need a screensaver showing me my channels. I already have those channels?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Perhaps you could pass on some feedback to the Ignite TV Product Team: While both new and longtime Ignite TV customers appreciate getting useful information and learning helpful tips, this is also not the kind of content that you want to or need to see over and Over and OVER again.  Some folks have asked for a "Quiet Channel" with absolutely no sound.  That could be another (and perhaps better) place to display helpful Ignite TV tips, new features, upcoming changes and other promotional content rather than hijacking the screensaver.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This needs to change back ASAP! Stop shoving your ads down my throat. Rogers Ignite won’t be with me much longer if this keeps up.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes, the Episode screen was changed recently also and not for the better!  Also it is still broken, why change something that works to something that is broken?!

Highlighted

Hello @-G-, @YourBossAlex, & @Square

@YourBossAlex, Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I really enjoyed the landscape views too so I can understand the frustration around the changes to the screen saver feature. 😞

Thanks so much for your feedback.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This is ridiculous. Why does it say landscape when all it is is ads. I’m seriously considering cancelling my Rogers account over this.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If I want tips, put them in the settings somewhere but don't give me a useless screensaver setting that doesn't work