cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite remote issue

Sharrin
I've been around

I knocked my remote off the arm of the chair. When I went to pick it up, the remote was extremely hot, like needed oven mitts hot. The batteries had been jostled but were still connected mostly to the terminals. I removed the batteries with silicone tongs. I believe it was very close to igniting ( no pun intended!)

The question now that all the parts have cooled: Can I put it back together to use it? I could put new batteries in. 

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite remote issue

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i would certainly NOT use it, and just ask them to replace it with a new one. why take chances?  once a defect exists its likely it wont go away. especially with electronics, so if a capacitor shorted or a resister shorted, and it overheats its unlikely the malfunction will reverse on its own and the capacitor will magically un-short itself.  dont take chances

Meteorman999
I've been around
my remote is also so hot it could start a fire

There is something wrong with the remote, or with the way the batteries have been inserted or perhaps the batteries themselves. Try different new alkaline batteries properly inserted. If the remote is still hot, swap out the remote.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation