cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite remote and HDMI-CEC and Anynet+, etc.

bmacaskill
I plan to stick around

Having browsed around (hello 57), I have turned off (Samsung TV) "Anynet+" and (Denon AVR) "HDMI Control". I have set up the Ignite remote (XR15v2) for both the TV and AVR, and everything works fine.

However, when I choose to cast some content ("Chromecast with Google TV") from any device to the TV, I need to have the AVR switch its input from "CBL/SAT" to "MEDIA PLAYER" (these are the labels for the two relevant HDMI outputs on the AVR: the Ignite box and the Chromecast itself).

Am I stuck switching AVR outputs with the AVR remote? On my old system, I used a Harmony remote, and I had buttons mapped to switch AVR inputs; I guess I'd like to the same kind of control with one remote (the remote has a button for "TV Input", which works, but it's of no use to me -- the TV is always on the same input). I don't think the AVR detects a "switch" in inputs -- I'm not certain it is supposed to -- between an always-on Ignite box and a signal suddenly arriving from the Chromecast. At times, of course, there can be input from both Ignite and Chromecast.

I'd certainly settle for mapping the "TV Input" button to be an AVR Input button, Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for any suggestions!

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite remote and HDMI-CEC and Anynet+, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bmacaskill : Here are my comments.

1. I don't think you're missing anything and have provided a pretty good summary, although the AVR HDMI ports you mention are probably inputs, not outputs...

2. One thing you could try is to turn on HDMI-CEC on all of your devices to see if they switch properly, as various devices are turned on/off.  If that doesn't work properly, you're probably out of luck and will need to resort to a Harmony remote or your AVR remote to change inputs on the AVR.

3. I doubt you can remap the Ignite remote "input button" to work with the AVR. 

Here's a post on the this entire topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Problems-with-Ignite-Remote/m-p/456589#M5829

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bmacaskill : Here are my comments.

1. I don't think you're missing anything and have provided a pretty good summary, although the AVR HDMI ports you mention are probably inputs, not outputs...

2. One thing you could try is to turn on HDMI-CEC on all of your devices to see if they switch properly, as various devices are turned on/off.  If that doesn't work properly, you're probably out of luck and will need to resort to a Harmony remote or your AVR remote to change inputs on the AVR.

3. I doubt you can remap the Ignite remote "input button" to work with the AVR. 

Here's a post on the this entire topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Problems-with-Ignite-Remote/m-p/456589#M5829

bmacaskill
I plan to stick around

Ok, thanks, that's helpful. I appreciate your input.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation