cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite remote Volume Control

Donhere1953
I've been here awhile

I had an issue with the sound on my tv. The box was changed and sound came back. I still have sound but hardly any volume. Has to be at a 100 on the sound to hear it at all but not that loud.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite remote Volume Control

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The IgniteTV remote control doesn't limit the amount of volume you get on any device, it only sends an "up" or "down" (or mute) signal.  Try going to Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Audio - HDMI Audio Output and select "Stereo" instead of Auto or Expert.

I assume you're connected directly from the Ignite box to the TV via HDMI.  Also check your TV's audio settings to make sure you haven't invoked some sort of special setting like "midnight mode" or something similar which may limit the amount of volume that the TV can put out.

I'm assuming you didn't have this issue before?  What were you using before you had IgniteTV and how were you connected?

Donhere1953
I've been here awhile
I had this issue before and had another issue with ignite but once the box was changed the volume was ok, now it isn't. When you control the volume it does not respond to the sound that much. I will go over these settings again. Thank you for your response.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Can you temporarily hook up a DVD/BD player or something else via HDMI to the same input used by the IgniteTV box to check to see if the TV is the problem?

2. Do you utilize any TV apps like Netflix and do you have the low volume issue with them?

3. Unplug and replug the HDMI cable at both ends a few times to ensure you have a good electrical connection.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation