cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite not recording 1 specific show why?

Bzezinski
I'm here a lot

The show catfishhas an 🚫 beside the recording, why is that? I have tried 4 times and it won't record. Sometimes I thought maybe I forgot to record but I haven't. Why is this????

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite not recording 1 specific show why?

Bzezinski
I'm here a lot
I made the changes online to my channels, thank you!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Is the show : Catfish: The TV Show?

As already suggested you can try synching.

What is the criteria that you set to record the show? New or All? etc. I see the show is in repeat, so the criteria would need to be all.

Bill

I have done all that, set all, or set just that show. Either way you set it, it should work like the rest of the shows. Why s there a 🚫 mark and not a sold red circle?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you able to watch this channel/programme live?  Can you "pause live TV" that channel/programme.  Can you record other programming on that channel?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bzezinski wrote:
I have done all that, set all, or set just that show. Either way you set it, it should work like the rest of the shows. Why s there a 🚫 mark and not a sold red circle?

Does your request to record show up in scheduled recordings?  (Press the Rogers button, select Save, select Scheduled)  If so, then it should provide additional information as to why.  If it does not, and the "will not record" symbol only appears in the Guide, then that usually occurs when you try to record a show on a channel that you are not subscribed to... but it could also be due to a problem on Rogers' side.

You could also see the "will not record" symbol when you have too many simultaneous recordings scheduled.

FYI, some Comcast Xfinity TV customers were reporting a similar issue with programs refusing to record: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-DVR-refusing-to-record-shows/td-p/3387658

One other thing that you can try is to perform a System Refresh:  Press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, scroll right and select "System Refresh".  That should get all of the Ignite TV components in sync with each other and up-to-date with your current channel subscriptions.

Bzezinski
I'm here a lot
Good question, the answer is no I can't! MTV won't let me pvr....

Bzezinski
I'm here a lot
And wow, I didn't realize that I don't even have the channel like I did before. This is a shame! Did mtv need it's own subscription now?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bzezinski  Are you trying to record upcoming Catfish reruns on MTV2?  If so, then that is a separate Flex Channel from MTV that you will need to subscribe to.

Bzezinski
I'm here a lot
I made the changes online to my channels, thank you!
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation