Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Thanks G.

So I checked and my boxes were connected via Wire so no wireless at all.

I ended up putting all my 3 boxes on wifi and got message that connection is perfect!

I'll test it over wifi connection for few days.

BTW- Ignite went out in my area again last night at 8:45 and came back at 9:30 

Hopefully they are actually fixing something

I Plan to Stick Around

out of 5 technicians that came to my house claim signal level is perfect and they don't need to replace the cable from outside of my house ...

Maybe your case was different.

I do get 980 most of the time except mostly around 7 PM to 11:30 to midnight

I Plan to Stick Around

Last nigh I had same issue again watching CTV or Global channel 

Basically starts around 8 PM all the way until midnight

2 weeks since it was escalated to maintenance team.

Anyone else had issue last night?

When responding please provide your modem model (Arris or Technicolor) and time line that freezing started. 

I Plan to Stick Around

so no one on this forum have this issue any more???

Its guarantee for me between 8 to 11:30 PM!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I myself dont.  But I live in possibly a very different area.

Likely, if its that time of day specific (peak times), its not specifically a line issue, etc into the house.

More likely one of two things.

1) A back end issue, the back end feeding your area, might be overloaded and cant handle the load?

2) Its more a local infrastructure issue.    Going years back (may be pre nextbox 3.0?) was having TV/phone issues every night around the same time frame.  Peak times.  Was flawless any other time of the day.
There was some other local issue (never fully found out what) if it was one of the lines in the area, or the local node we were going through.. that when it was under the heavyest load during peak times, it would start having issues.
When it was repaired/replaced.. the issue went away and has been fine since.

I've Been Around

After four technician visits, there was no resolution for my picture/sound freezing and the remote response slowing to a crawl on the downstairs box.  The box is on the same level as the gateway modem and there was one pod installed on the upstairs level.  After looking at the devices using the rogers ignite wifi app I noticed that the problem was due to the downstairs box either being disconnected or disconnecting from the gateway modem and latching onto the upstairs pod.  Once connected to the upstairs pod, the box would stay connected.  A soft restart of the box would cause it to reconnect to the gateway modem and the problem would disappear.  This usually had to done at least twice a day.  The last technician installed another pod near the box that was failing.  It still disconnects from the gateway but now connects to the new pod and no problems for the last three days.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty,

I agree with your observation 100%

If you know anyone that can move this forward please do so.

I have been in contact with support and L2 and managers and OOP...

almost 1 month and still same issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

@2pods 

Unfortunately my issue is not as simple.

I have 3 wired box directly to Rogers modem.

I only see this issue from 8 to midnight!

Tried everything that you mentioned already.

Glad to hear at least your issue is resolved. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 wrote:

so no one on this forum have this issue any more???

Its guarantee for me between 8 to 11:30 PM!

I'm wondering if one of your neighbours has a wireless baby monitor... or a soundbar with wireless speakers... or if some other wireless transmitter could be freaking out your Xi6 set-top box.

You mentioned that your set-top boxes are wired.  Try wrapping one with aluminum foil to see if the problem goes away.

Also, what other devices are connected to your network?  Is it remotely possible that some device on your network (wired or wireless) is sending a ton of broadcast traffic that MUST be received and processed by ALL devices on your local network?

I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- 

My house is not too close to my neighbours and they are couple retired without baby in house 🙂

I had this problem originally when I got ignite TV. Rogers managed to fix it.

Not its back again so I'm 100% confident its their back end or node.

I have no device in my house that only sending broadcast traffic between 8 to 12!