Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

It does work on some of the comcast boxes in the US.. so its possible that the BOX can support it.
But that being said, the back end part which is needs to connect to, with comcast and rogers, may be different.
So that may be possible... SOMETIME.

Generally as a whole, the cutting out/freezing, etc.. would be one of 3 things.
A ) signal level to the house.. 
B ) wifi signal level IN the house, etc
C ) Back end.

With people who have had multiple tech visits out, you would think A and B should be ruled out.

So at that point it would more look like a back end issue..  An issue on the servers feeding that area?
As they have different feeds for different areas (is my understanding), shows how some people (like myself) may not see those issues (when signal and wifi is good) and others, not)

I've Been Around

Hi the past few days i been having promblems with my tv channels they go frozen and the sound goes and comrs i tried reset but nothing is working i dont know what to do

Hello @Baird1972,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I realize how annoying audio/video disruptions can be. Have you had a chance to get in touch with tech support about this? Is this restricted to live TV or do you notice this issue on recorded shows as well? If you have more than 1 Ignite box, have you experienced the issue on other device?

Just need a little bit more info. to assist you further.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

Unwatchable Ignite TV

What is wrong with this service?? Skips and cuts out more times than I can count, volume, picture everything.
Rogers techs have been here twice since install and 1st one thought the installer was incompetent and 2nd did nothing other than say the signal was too high and left after "fixing it"
New remote already for 1 box, basement TV is unwatchable.
We have been reduced to rebooting the gateway and boxes daily if not more just to watch TV.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CraigIM wrote:

Unwatchable Ignite TV

What is wrong with this service?? Skips and cuts out more times than I can count, volume, picture everything.
Rogers techs have been here twice since install and 1st one thought the installer was incompetent and 2nd did nothing other than say the signal was too high and left after "fixing it"

Welcome to the Rogers Community.  Sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Ignite TV service.

When you experience an audio or video dropout, what happens when give the "Go back 10 seconds" voice command?  Does the glitch replicate?  Does the problem of drop-outs go away when more of the stream gets buffered?

You really need two things for Ignite TV to work well: the Rogers Internet connection itself needs to clean and relatively error-free and your in-home Wi-Fi needs to be absolutely stable.

To troubleshoot the Internet link, connect to http://10.0.0.1 and log into your modem and look at Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network , specifically the "CM Error Codewords" section.  There should be relatively few (if any) Uncorrectable Codewords in the stats.

Also go to Troubleshooting > Logs and display the Event Log for the past week and look for any critical errors that got logged by the modem.

Performing a health check of your home Wi-Fi isn't an easy task to describe but if your Internet connection is relatively error-free, then this is the next thing thing that needs to be investigated.

Some problems can also be fixed by resetting all of your Ignite TV components, but it is important to perform the reset in the correct order:  First, power-cycle the XB6 modem, wait for the status LED to turn solid white, then power-cycle each set-top box.

It's also possible that the glitches that you are seeing could have been caused by problems in Rogers' back-end infrastructure, but Rogers' Tech Support teams should have checked into this before dispatching a tech to your home.

Best of luck with getting these issues resolved!

I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite keeps freezing even when watching a program on live tv. I have unplugged the top box and pressed the A button and restarted the tv several times. I have had 3 technicians come to the house and one of them was a senior technician. They changed the Rogers box and gave us 3 pods but the problem has not been resolved. During a program will freeze many times and no one else in the home is using the wifi. Very frustrating!! With only 1 tv on using wifi, I can’t understand all the difficulty. Cable works better and Bell satellite was better, never had any freezing. I switched to get better speed but  it seems I made the wrong choice. Ignite not very good. Besides the constant freezing, screen will go blank and volume will cut out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Elvis12 are the Xi6 set top boxes connected via wifi or ethernet?  

Do you have a pc connected via ethernet that can be used to check for cable issues?  

I've Been Here Awhile

Internet connected to wifi and pc not connected to ethernet
I've Been Around

I had my modem replaced by Rogers (it was defective) and now all channels are starting to freezeSupport tells me to reboot - problem not fixed.

Hello, @Deory.

Thank you for joining Rogers Community Forums! It can be quite unpleasant when all the channels are freezing. 

We can help troubleshoot the issue; are the channels freezing on more than one box? How is the Internet on other devices?

We look forward to hearing from you, and any other details you can provide will help to find a solution. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin