Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

@User0488 an offhand comment such as the one that you aimed at @57 is not acceptable.   I happen to agree with his assessment of your data rates.  If you're looking to defend your stated data rates, simply state where those numbers are derived from instead of issuing such a comment. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User0488 wrote:
its in megabits but if you want to talk about megabytes than yes. If you know what the difference is.

5MB/s or 25MB/s

What tool are you using to obtain this measurement?

25 Mb/s is normal for a "4K" stream.  If it were 25MB/s, you would not be able to watch a 4K channel on a 150u service.

The Xi6 set-top box also only has a 100Mb/s Fast Ethernet port (my Xi6-A, anyway) so it was not even designed to support sustained data rates of 250Mb/s.

I'm Here A Lot

I was just posting the transfer rates that were on my router. Maybe its like netflix and will adjust quality on its own.

Lastly from what everyone has told me the internet has nothing to do with your tv (somewhat) in the way it doesn’t affect your ignite 150 or whatever. It looks like they use a second private stream solely for the tv. I don’t know if its true or not just what everyone has said. just my too cents.

This is supposed to be about helping the ones in need.

Signing off

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User0488  You might see data rates peak at 250Mb/s when transferring data in bursts over a wireless connection but the average sustained bit rate should only be roughly 25Mb/s for a 4K stream.

I've Been Around

How ro change network

Good evening @Poirierrogerj,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! In order to answer all your questions and provide you with the help you need, we'd would like to gather more information from you.

What network are you referring to, more specifically?

Let us know!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I am having the same issue. Two technicians came to investigate and still having issues with freezing and black outs. Very disappointed. I was also told that I can't go back to regular cable.

Hello, @mullo.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

Thank you for sharing your Ignite TV experience; it surely can be disappointing if the service is intermittent and freezing. We would love to help find a solution for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.  

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Yep one of my family members is going through the same thing. I would think they have had 10 techs out in the past 8 months and a tech guy even told her u ain’t getting a fix for all this nobody knows what’s happening and this tech quit. They also told them they are finding it impossible to get the caller ID to work on the tv with ignite and now my tv not ignite is doing the same thing. They have done everything to fix all the issues to no avail. It might be time to thank Rogers for nothing lol
I Plan to Stick Around

" They also told them they are finding it impossible to get the caller ID to work on the tv with ignite"

Uhh that's because it doesn't