Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Ignite TV freezing on one channel/black screen/

so for about 24 hours now, our cable boxes aren't working.

once we reboot, it goes back to the same channel it was on (399), and then freezes there. 3 white dots on the screen show it look like its trying to load, but then it goes to a black screen. 

we've reset the modem, the cable box, etc, more than 10 times now. rogers has done a system reset of it all and now we need a tech to come out.

any other ideas i can try before the tech comes? Our appointment isn't for a few days now and going that long without tvs working will be frustrating for the kidlets (and adults who want to watch playoff hockey!!)

thank you!!

Greetings @lm1to2!

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 👍

We certainly want your experience with our Ignite TV service to be as enjoyable and stress-free as possible! 

Based on your post, it appears you have taken all of the right steps to troubleshoot the problem. It's super disappointing that no resolution has been found yet. ☹️ At this stage, your best bet would be to wait for the technician to arrive so they can run some more tests in person to further assess the situation. 

We would be very interested in hearing the results, so please don't forget to share the outcome with the rest of the Community! 

Thank you!
RogersLaura

I've Been Around

Ignite TV Problems

While watching ignite TV, occasionally my picture freezes but the sound continue. Other times, the ignite TV seems to do a "do over" where it repeats what has just been shown. Other times the picture breaks up. But these are intermittent problems.  So when the service is operating as it should, these problems would not always show up on monitoring tools that take a snapshot in time.

I had the Rogers tech out for an assessment. His conclusion was, (after trying to replace the modem with two different modems which he could not do for some reason), was that the problem was outside the house.  He raised a ticket do have the external infrastructure checked. The result of that ticket was that the external infrastructure was fine and any problems were inside the house.

This is not the first time that this has happened. The inside guys blaming the infrastructure and the infrastructure guys saying it is an inside problems. It seems that the inside guys can't talk to the outside guys directly. But if they both take snapshots in time, everything may appear normal.

My neighbour is experiencing the same types of problem. So it is a real issue, at least in our neighbourhood. 

I had another thought as I was writing this. The problem may be with ignite TV service itself, and not an equipment problem - either internally or externally. I say this because I don't seem to experience the same problems when watching Netflix movies. In addition, while the internet does not seem extremely fast, it is consistent.

Has anybody looked at the ignite TV service itself? Are there any bottlenecks maybe based on the number of users?

I've Been Around

My sound and picture are not in sync.  How do I fix.

Hello, @Tbear241 & @Lacs

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you both!

Dealing with intermittent audio and video problems on your TV can become a major annoyance, especially if it happens during your favourite programs. =(

Are you noticing this issue on both Live TV and PVR content/On Demand or is it mainly on one or the other? Are your Ignite TV Boxes set up via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? If you have more than 1 TV set up, does it happen on all of them or just a specific one? Are the affected TV's closer or further away from the modem than those that work?

@Tbear241, We'd like to review the notes left on your file by the technicians and the result of the Ticket that was escalated so we can determine what the next steps should be to get this resolved.

@Lacs, Have you attempted a reboot of the Ignite TV box as of yet? You can do this by pressing the "A" button on the remote and then press "Reset" and follow the steps on your TV screen.

We look forward to your responses!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

we switched to ignite from cable at the beginning of june and have had nothing but issues. it kicks us off netflix or freezes regularly, very unhappy with ignite so far

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

More than likely.. it was a bad setup.
(this seems to be a trend unfortunately..)

With all these boxes working off of wifi... SIGNAL is key.
Internet signal being good period to the house.
And wifi signal in the house.

If either of these were not checked properly when it was set up... either of them could be causing the issues your experiencing.

EG:  My signal to the modem is pretty much spot on perfect.   And the wifi is pretty good overall through the house.  And RARELY have any issues that your describing.  The occasional hickup 1-2 times a week.. but usually just a second dropped, then everything normal.  Nothing consistent. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Gdkitty: we are having the issue with recorded playback, start a recorded episode and after 3-4 seconds the audio cuts out, but picture continues. If I switch to Descriptive Video it works but when I switch back the same thing happens after 3-4 seconds. This is a known issue?

Thanks!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chicocan : It's discussed in the last couple of pages of the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-Recorded-playback-issues/m-p/446141#M2906