Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

So true mine does it ALL THE TIME! You cant even restart it coz the power button is only for the tv not yhe box itself! Bell never does this!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Have the same issue here. It's been months of contact with Rogers support and nothing has changed. Streaming services (Netflix, Prime) are rock solid. Internet (wifi) is good. Only issue is live tv. Yesterday had tech bring replacement modem which didn't help. The last two support techs I spoke with said they had issued a ticket to engineering but nothing, I get a recorded message saying they couldn't find any issues (signal strength is good, no noise on line etc.) This is beyond frustrating and if we can't resolve it soon I am about ready to give up on Ignite.

Even upgraded from 150 to 500 with no improvement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zmmrzm wrote:

Have the same issue here. It's been months of contact with Rogers support and nothing has changed. Streaming services (Netflix, Prime) are rock solid. Internet (wifi) is good. Only issue is live tv.

In that case, Ignite TV should work well.  Do you see this on every channel, some or just a few?  What about recorded or on-demand content?

Yesterday had tech bring replacement modem which didn't help. The last two support techs I spoke with said they had issued a ticket to engineering but nothing, I get a recorded message saying they couldn't find any issues (signal strength is good, no noise on line etc.) This is beyond frustrating and if we can't resolve it soon I am about ready to give up on Ignite.

The only other thing that you can check on your side is the the number of uncorrectable codeword errors on your line.  You can check that by logging into your modem as admin and going to "Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network"

Even upgraded from 150 to 500 with no improvement.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are you seeing when you perform an Internet speed test?

An HD stream on Ignite TV only consumes 10 Mb/s; the streams are buffered and the traffic is sent in bursts so you should not be seeing any drop-outs unless there is a problem with your set-top box.  Upgrading your speed also should not make any difference unless you were maxing out your 150Mb/s Internet connection.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Happening on all channels. Sometimes on recorded content. Not on demand.

Speed test on my phone shows around 430 to 450.

The last support person I spoke to suggested possibly the set top box but I have 3 and it happens on all.

Hoping this lockdown ends soon so I can have a tech come and troubleshoot.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like it may be more something on the local node which is serving the content to that area??
As the speed, etc all appears to be OK.

Outside some of the EARLY hickups with the system when it first went live, I have had about 99% uptime TV wise.
Like I have never generally see cutouts, pixelization, audio issues, etc.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hopefully I can provide some info for someone else here. Upgraded an older Lenovo Tab4 recently and after removing it from the network have not had any more issues with live TV glitching. I knew it wasn't compatible with the Ignite WiFi because it would keep losing WiFi and I would have to disconnect and reconnect but apparently it was causing the issues with live TV. Either that or Rogers finally figured it out and fixed something. 🤔

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Anyone notice this happens too often Ignite freezes then we are supposed to reset the box. Rogers should be providing a service that doesn't keep needing rebooting the box. I suggest calling Rogers everytime the box freezes even if it corrects itself and complain about the problem get it documented on your file, keep dates and times it happens and call rogers again at end of the month and demand a credit for inconvenience and interruption to your service. They have known about the problem since its inception and still have done nothing to fix it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Roadrunner1313  Welcome to the Community!

If you are seeing frequent video freezes or audio drop-outs with Ignite TV, it's most likely due to networking issues.  It could be a problem with your Internet connection (in which case, either the signal levels to your modem will be out of spec, you'll see a ton of uncorrectable codeword errors in your Rogers Network Connection stats, or errors in your Events logs) and/or problems with your in-home/WiFi network, which will affect any device that transmits/receives significant network traffic.  Occasionally, some glitch will crop up that will require you to reboot your Ignite modem, followed by your set-top boxes, but this should only need to be done very rarely...  As in every few months, not every few days, and certainly not every few hours.  There's a remote chance that you could have a faulty modem or set-top box but it's more likely that network problems are causing your freezes.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thinking about cutting cable all together. completely frustrating experience.  Spending more on cable and can't even watch it.   someone please help

Highlighted

Good evening @buddman9,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

Sorry to hear that you've been having a frustrating experience with your service. Can you please elaborate on the nature of the issue? Is it service related or billing?

We try our best to ensure we provide a good customer service. Please let us know a little more about how we can help you :).

RogersZia