Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

@-G- 

Forgot to mention that last technician that escalated to maintenance team also told me that noise is from outside line so nothing to do with devices in my house.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In that case it's possible that someone has something connected to their cable system that shouldn't be connected.  Whatever that is, it sounds like the device is feeding a signal of some type into the cable system, which every other cable box considers to be noise.  That will take a senior tech, or above, with the right equipment to be present when the noise source is running.  Simple solution, disconnect the house that contains the noise source.  Easier said than done however 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink,

If I knew which house I cut their line myself ! I'm so frustrated over this ..

My wife wants to watch TV at night and keep saying why are we still with Rogers?

Trust me I ask the same question myself

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@-G- 

My house is not too close to my neighbours and they are couple retired without baby in house 🙂

I have no device in my house that only sending broadcast traffic between 8 to 12!

I admit, I'm grasping at straws trying to think of weird localized issues that could simultaneously affect all of your Xi6's... even power line/power-related problems.

I had this problem originally when I got ignite TV. Rogers managed to fix it.

Not its back again so I'm 100% confident its their back end or node.

My guess is that it's the node... or some serious network congestion/packet loss affecting your area... something that's not allowing your Xi6 to receive or process network packets in a timely manner.

Regardless of the cause, I really hope that it gets fixed soon.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

WiFi Speed

Everything is going good now after having a few technicals in. Hit 563mbps download speed over wifi.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jamiesmith1976  That's good to hear.  Did they say what was slowing down your Wi-Fi?  What did they do to fix it?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New modem.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Been there done that.

I specifically asked for Technicolor modem since I notice more customers are using this model.

Still same issue. guarantee anytime after 8 PM.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Picture freezes or sound disappears

I just got ignite and I am having problems with the picture freezing and or the sound stopping.  Any solutions out here?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@davepm88 wrote:

Picture freezes or sound disappears

I just got ignite and I am having problems with the picture freezing and or the sound stopping.  Any solutions out here?

This typically happens due to network issues that cause problems for streaming video.  It could be a Wi-Fi-related problem.  However, these days, I suspect that it could also be due to the recent problems with high latency and packet loss in some areas that has been plaguing gamers.