Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Just like my title states, this happens all the time, I never had these issues with my old cable, have spoke to Rogers many times, total waste of time. Thinking of going back to normal cable.

***Added Labels***

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Hey @Jake33!

This is so disappointing to hear Smiley Sad, and I assure you it isn't the intended experience that should be delivered from Ignite TV. Have you had a technician out there to investigate? Has technical support advised you of any signal issues or WiFi signal level issues to your Ignite Box?

A lot of times these issues can be caused by one or both of those things and they are most certainly addressable. Can you confirm for me if this is occurring on all Ignite boxes in the home?

@RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is one question.. if this is on LIVE or on recorded.

There is a known issue right now with the recorded playback.  Any signal, etc wont make a difference on this.  Its something on the back end.

But LIVE TV, there generally shouldnt be any issues.  As long as everything is set up right, and that the signal to the modem are good, and that the wifi is set up right and that each box is getting a signal.
I have no issues with live TV, but my modem signal is pretty darn good, and the wifi is very good to each box.

Other than the recorded playback issues.. i think 9/10 of the other issues we see on here.. stem from POOR setup.  Techs not taking the time to check modem levels.  To do a proper wifi assessment on the house, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

My Ignite does the same on Live TV with any box. Have had everything rebooted to no avail. Been weeks in contacting Rogers and they say "they are working on it " WHEN????
It is very annoying to the point that I am almost ready to cancel everything. This wasn't the service I signed up for
I've Been Here Awhile

Nobody has come out to rectify it, they just reboot everything & tell me it should be fine but it isn’t. I’ve swapped the little boxes with other TV’s I don’t use as much but it still does it. Happens on all the Tv’s.

I've Been Here Awhile

It only happens on LIVE, I haven’t noticed issues on recorded shows.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As far as I am aware, the only specific issue they are working on overall which is back end related, is the recorded quality issues, etc.

Live TV 'SHOULD' be fine.    Its working fine on my end.  So i doubt is a back end issue.

FORCE the issue when you call in, tell them they need to send a tech out.
Check the wireless signal for quality at all of the boxes, etc.  As well as make sure the signal at the modem is good.
Tell them to send a senior tech, etc.

I've Been Around

We are having the same problem.  TV, computers and phone all on Ignite constantly dropping.  Try watching the playoffs with this or using the internet...#!#%.  First call in said was it was a problem in the house, tech was here an hour and a half and said problem on the street, another call back says problem in the house, second tech here 3 hours said problem on street, call back saying problem not on the street, now a third tech coming tomorrow....Wish I would have check this forum before switching.  Techs are trying to be helpful, but something is wrong with this product/service.  Have not heard from anyone in customer service.  May as well switch back, or better still, look into Bell Vibe. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@pj25 wrote:

We are having the same problem.  TV, computers and phone all on Ignite constantly dropping.  Try watching the playoffs with this or using the internet...#!#%.  First call in said was it was a problem in the house, tech was here an hour and a half and said problem on the street, another call back says problem in the house, second tech here 3 hours said problem on street, call back saying problem not on the street, now a third tech coming tomorrow....Wish I would have check this forum before switching.  Techs are trying to be helpful, but something is wrong with this product/service.  Have not heard from anyone in customer service.  May as well switch back, or better still, look into Bell Vibe. 

That is the issue. Unfortunately people see this forum when its too late...

Myself one of them...

I'm canceling Ignite as soon at gigabit is available from Bell in my area...

I've Been Here Awhile

Just had new wiring ran from the cable box to my backyard underground today!! So far so good