Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite cuts out and freezes frequently

They did escalate it to maintenance. It took 6 days until they fixed it. This is not good. They need to come up with a better approach.

I've Been Here Awhile

I can tell you what causes Ignite to freeze and cut out. Micro wave ovens. I got my Ignite last week and every time we put on the micro wave the picture freezes. We have three TVs and I have tried it with all and the same thing happens. I phoned Rogers and spoke to a tech. She admitted that was the problem with all WIFI signals. The micro wave has the same frequency as Ignite so when they are on at the same time this happens. She told me to move the modem as far away as possible. I did that and switched on  the micro wave and each time all three TVs froze. I was not told that this could happen when I agreed to have Ignite installed. The agent on the line actually told me not to have the TV on when using the micro wave. I have tried everything with no luck. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@popajoe  Microwave ovens operate in the 2.4 GHz frequency range, so it should only cause interference on that band.  However, a properly-built microwave oven should not cause any interference with Wi-Fi.  Yours must be leaking, and leaking enough that I would be concerned for my health and safety just being near it.

It's also possible that it may "only" be bleeding noise into your home's hydro, and interfering with sensitive electronics.  Either way, not good.

I've Been Around

Ignite system is giving me a lot of trouble

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Perhaps you should be a little more specific and people can help.

I'm Here A Lot

I had the same problem.  Turns out it's too much congestion outside at your green box.  Once they fix that,  you should have no more problems.  I wrote a letter to the Chief Customer Officer at Rogers and a lady who works for him phoned me and got right on the problem.  Didn't take long once I got upper management  involved.  So glad I did,  no one would believe me that it was an outside neighborhood problem.  All my neighbors who had Rogers have thanked me for getting it fixed.  Management at Rogers does care,  but they can't fix your problem if they don't know about it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply

After discussing that problem and a weak signal in one of the bedrooms I talked to a Rogers agent on the phone and he sent me three pods, two of which I installed. The signal in the bedroom was weak as well as the microwave problem, but since two of the pods were installed  there have been no problems with the microwave or the bedroom and the service is running well. 

Thanks again for your follow-up and we hope everything will continue to work well. I like the Ignite Service.

Joe Jesson.