Ignite boxes not picking up any of my bluetooth devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite boxes not picking up any of my bluetooth devices

We have four ignite boxes, none of them will find my bluetooth devices including a bose speaker and two different jabra headsets. Has anyone else had this issue? I followed the pairing instructions but no luck. I am making sure the headphones and bose are not connected to anything else and are in pairing mode. I called rogers concierge but they said there is nothing they can do, go look at youtube for help. Not a great answer.  We just switched to ignite last week so hoping we can take advantage of this feature. 

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite boxes not picking up any of my bluetooth devices

I did a quick search on the web and found the following instructions:

On the Ignite Box go to Settings>Device Settings>Audio>Bluetooth Devices

Is that what you tried?  Make sure that the device itself is in the appropriate pairing mode, as you mentioned.  Since Bluetooth can sometimes travel a fair ways, make sure you don't "mix up" the various devices, trying only one device in the same room as the particular box?  One at a time?  I'm not sure if it allows for more than one...  I do not have IgniteTV

I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to pair 2 sets of Bluetooth headphones, Apple Airpods and Anker Soundbuds, but trying to connect them after initial pairing would never work. Also the tv would still play audio even with headphones connected.I just gave up trying to get them to work.

Hey @JML7425,

Being able to connect your headphones to the Ignite box is a fantastic feature! Let's see if we can get this issue corrected. Are you by chance able to get reconnected if you forget both headphones and try to connect just one? Just curious if it's an issue with multiple device connections.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

Will give it a go again, maybe it’s getting confused with my Apple Watch