Ignite box not recognized by reciever

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite box not recognized by reciever

@Dave1960 : There is a separate thread around here somewhere on powering down and the fact that the "power" button doesn't do what you think it should.  I can only surmise that they may have done this on purpose to keep the various pieces of equipment "in sync". If an actual power (down) IR command is sent, then it may power down the box, but not the TV (and/or) AVR, due to the fact that many people don't hold the remote in the correct position for long enough for all the IR signals to be sent (or vice versa)  This means that when it comes time to watch TV again, people press the power button and the box goes off, instead of on while their TV is on.  This is especially confusing for the elderly.  

By having the box power up again with any button press and the other devices coming up with a press of the power button this "out of sync" issue is avoided.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dave1960 wrote:
I agree with you. But one big question i have is why the rogers remote by pressing the power button does not power off the box? It will power it on ok...but not off. Only way to power it off is with the voice command "power down"

This was a design decision that Comcast made in response to customer complaints when their TV and X1 set-top box would get out of sync with each other, so they elected to toggle power on IR-controlled TV and Audio devices and let the STB go into standby on its own.  This shouldn't (and doesn't usually) cause problems for the end customer.  (See the last question in: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-save-faqs )

The Comcast designers even simplified the design of the remote control.  The XR11 had "TV Power" and "All Power" buttons (to fix the out-of-sync power problem) but this apparently also caused too much confusion.  The new XR15 remote only as a single Power button.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thankyou guys for your assistance and advice. Im just going to use the power down command and that way everything works and i dont have to plug and unplug...until some tech geek comes around my house..lol
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dave1960  No problem.  Our pleasure.  I still feel bad that we were not able to help you to get this issue resolved and get everything working properly.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

no need to feel bad, Id say you helped me quite a bit. Thanks again! 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

XR11 remote

Is the remote capable to power on or off an AVR. It would not on my Yamaha or my Denon AVR S750 H.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have a denon s730 and the xr11 powers down/up the AVR with no problem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cobramann wrote:

Is the remote capable to power on or off an AVR. It would not on my Yamaha or my Denon AVR S750 H.

It should. Did you use the code finder in the following link? 

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

The code for the Denon was 33347. There are additional codes if you just put in Denon and say you don't know the model number...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 750 denon and it powers mine on/off
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks when back home will give it try.