Ignite box not recognized by reciever

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite box not recognized by reciever

@Dave1960  I was wondering what would happen if you turn off your receiver from the front panel (leaving everything else on) then turn it back on again 10 seconds later.  Same problem or does everything still work fine?  Also, does the TV still display a picture?  (i.e. is the HDMI signal still passed while the AVR is in standby?)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just tried as you suggested and hit the mic key and i get sound, but no picture. Do it the other way and say power down first...wait for box to go off. Then hit power off so everything is now off...hit power again and everything comes on fine.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If i hit just the power button on the AVR the picture stays on even with the AVR off but i dont have sound.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dave1960 wrote:
If i hit just the power button on the AVR the picture stays on even with the AVR off but i dont have sound.

Thanks.  Have you tried disabling HDMI Passthrough on the receiver to see if a clean end-to-end connection can be established across the entire HDMI chain on power-up, even if the set-top box is left running or goes into standby on its own?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have not tried disabling passthrough? How do i do that?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You need to go into the AVR's user menu and disable HDMI-CEC, or HDMI-passthrough, as discussed in post 2 of this thread.  You should probably do the TV too for the test.  You can always re-enable HDMI-CEC if disabling doesn't help.

It's always a good idea to download the operating manuals for your various devices and file them appropriately on your computer. You can then search the pdf for the appropriate terms.  This makes searching a lot easier than with paper (if that even exists for your equipment).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did disable the hdmi-cec before on the AVR and TV as you suggested and it did nothing except made things worse. Cant remember exactly what it did, but I had to switch it back.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the problem seems to be something about this rogers ignite box. My android box comes up no problem when I select the hdmi port its on with the AVR remote. And once I do get the rogers box up and connected, I can switch back and forth between the two no problem.

What baffles me the most, is I give the command " power down " box goes off.  Then I shut down the rest, TV, AVR, Android box.  I power everything back on....and everything works fine. 

So why is it when I hit the power button on the ignite remote it does not power off the box? but will power it on....that is the big issue here.  Because if it powered off then Id have no problem. This was my original complaint was that if I manually pull the power plug on the box, it boots up with welcome screen and were good.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dave1960 wrote:

the problem seems to be something about this rogers ignite box. My android box comes up no problem when I select the hdmi port its on with the AVR remote. And once I do get the rogers box up and connected, I can switch back and forth between the two no problem.

This is why @57  and I are suggesting specific option changes to keep the amount of "intelligent processing" (where devices, while operating or in standby, might be making assumptions about other devices' state) across the HDMI chain down to a minimum.  Arguing that the AVR is at fault because the set-top box works fine when directly connected to a TV, or that the the set-top box is at fault because the same setup works fine with the Android box isn't really helpful either because the problem could actually turn out to be with the TV... or there could be subtle bugs with all devices in the chain that are tripping things up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree with you. But one big question i have is why the rogers remote by pressing the power button does not power off the box? It will power it on ok...but not off. Only way to power it off is with the voice command "power down"