Ignite box not powering back on with All Power button

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite box not powering back on with All Power button

After my Ignite TV box and TV go to 'sleep', sometimes I can't wake the Ignite TV box up any other way than to pull the plug and restart it. Using the 'All Power' button on the remote does nothing, and though the voice command button makes a sound - saying 'power up' or 'power down' or similar does nothing. Why does it do this? I just want it to turn back on using the power button, jeez.

Re: Ignite box not powering back on with All Power button

Hey @alexandras!

The Ignite box certainly doesn't appear to be working as intended Smiley Surprised! You definitely shouldn't have to reboot the Ignite TV box to get it up and running every time. Have you reached out yet to technical support to have this issue addressed? It's possible that it just needs to be replaced. Or has this already occurred and the issue is persisting?

@RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same issue.  They had to swap out the box.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have all of my Ignite TV boxes in power saving mode; however one of the boxes has been giving me some issues.  When it goes into power saving mode for an extended period of time (ie over night) and I turn it back on in the morning, the light comes back on the box,  but the TV displays 'No Video Input".  When I hard boot the box everything works fine after that.   If it is in power saving mode just for an hour or two, I have no issues turning it back on.   It doesn't happen all the time, perhaps 75%, and I never have this issue if I take it out of power saving mode.   None of my other boxes/TV have this issue. 

A tech came by and changed the box and the HDMI cable, and it worked great for about two weeks, but now the second box has the same issues.  It seems unlikely that a second box would have the same problems, and I am starting to wonder could it be the TV?  Grateful for any suggestions.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jjjjy7When you press the All Power button, does the white LED on the Xi6 set-top box turn on?  If so, does unplugging and reconnecting the HDMI cable get things working again?

I Plan to Stick Around

@-G-

Yes, when I press the All power the TV turns on and the LED on the box lights up.  If I get the 'No Video Input' message on the TV, the only thing that gets things working is to unplug/re-plug the box.  Unplugging the HDMI cable does not fix the issue.   I have tried two boxes and two different HDMI cables, even tried plugging different HDMI ports on the TV, all without success.    It's strange that it works for a couple of weeks, then I get the error.  As mentioned, this only happens about 75% of the time, and only when coming out of power saving mode for more than (about) 8 hours.     If it is in power saving mode for a couple of hours or so, the All power button works to turn on the TV and the box and everything works fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jjjjy7 

What if you use the "Power down" voice command to turn off the set-top box?  Any indications of anything strange on your TV?  Clicking the "OK" button should turn the Xi6 back on again while the TV is still on.

I Plan to Stick Around

@-G-

When I use the voice command the set top box powers down, the TV stays on and I get the 'No Video Input' message on the TV.  Then I turn the box back on and everything works fine.  For some reason when coming out of power saving mode there is a connection issue between the TV and box.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the make/model of your TV?  There may be some sort of incompatibility between the box and that particular TV.  Since you have other boxes, swap the boxes and see if the issue stays with the TV or follows the box. If it stays with the TV, try updating the firmware on the TV.  If that doesn't work, don't bother with the power saving mode on the box connected to that particular TV.  These boxes use very little power.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jjjjy7 

Normally, I have the Power Saver settings at their defaults and just use the "Power down" command to turn off the Xi6.  When I press the "All Power" button, the TV and set-top box power up without issue.

I just tried the following settings:

• Settings > Device Settings > Power Preferences > Power Saver > On
  • Settings > Labs > Power Saver Mode > Maximum Savings

If I leave everything turned off for a while, "All Power" turns the TV on but the Xi6 doesn't always power up.  Usually it does... and it can take a few seconds.  Sometimes it takes a few presses of the "OK" button.  (Not sure if actually requires multiple presses of it was just taking an extra long while to wake up.)  I've also woken it up by pressing the WPS button (→←) on the bottom of the box for one second.

I've seen reports that the "Maximum Savings" settings can be problematic and that if that's the case, "Standard" should be used instead.

Unfortunately, the Xfinity support articles don't provide any helpful information about the "Maximum Savings" setting.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-save-faqs

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-comcast-labs/#powersaver