cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Voice Remote Stopped Recognizing Voice

RobH3
I've been here awhile

A new Ignite TV user and all was fine.  XR15 Remote was paired with Samsung TV and voice commands working.

Then voice input stopped being recognized. It still shows as paired, and pressing the microphone button triggers the input tag on screen waiting for input, but it doesn't recognize any speech.

Batteries had been taken out and put back into remote, that was the only thing I can think of changing before it stopped working

Any thoughts?

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Voice Remote Stopped Recognizing Voice

RobH3
I've been here awhile

Re batteries, current ones show 83% when checked on the ignite features.  Powering off the whole system and rebooting also tried. 

Will try new batteries just in case. Will see about using the ignite restart if that doesn't work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Have you tried any of the suggestions from previous related threads? You can see them listed towards the bottom of this thread you started, underneath the words 'You Might Also Like'
Battery strength can be tested with the ignite remote, but assuming your batteries are good, you can always try rebooting your boxes, if the other suggestions fail, just so you can say you tried it and it did nothing.
Testing, testing, 123, Alexa, take out the garbage. 🔊🎶

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Check your remote battery condition using Rogers - Settings - Remote Settings.  Put in new alkaline batteries if the battery level shows low.

Reboot the box by unplugging/replugging, or better yet, use the Ignite app to restart your gateway and your boxes. This can take up to 12 minutes and is better than simply rebooting the box because it runs a check on everything.

RobH3
I've been here awhile

Re batteries, current ones show 83% when checked on the ignite features.  Powering off the whole system and rebooting also tried. 

Will try new batteries just in case. Will see about using the ignite restart if that doesn't work.

RobH3
I've been here awhile

Turns out 83% wasn't good enough, switched batteries (from the ones that came with it, apparently good for about 72 hours), and it all works fine now.  

Thanks folks.  I'm one of those who though "voice commands, how gimmicky" and quickly became "what do you man I have to key in 08, it was so nice just saying "channel 8".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Swapping the batteries may have done some sort of reset. You can try putting the previous batteries back in to see what happens.  I don't think I had voice command issues until I was down to about 20% and a popup came on my screen indicating low batteries. That was after about 6 months.

Edit - best to use alkaline batteries.  Heavy Duty may work for a while as well as rechargeable batteries, but really alkalines are your best bet and AA batteries are pretty inexpensive if you watch the sales.  There have been mixed reviews for rechargeable batteries (I try to be green as well, but sometimes they just won't work in certain applications because they are lower voltage.)

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 in conversation