cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Voice Remote Low Battery Communication

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

How can I stop rogers from emailing telling me my remote battery is low?

What a waste of resources.

Bill

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Voice Remote Low Battery Communication

RogersZia

Hi there @Biollw,

I'll be happy to clarify! This step is a part of our commitment to improve the customer experience and promote self-serve options on rogers.com.

Customers will be notified by email or SMS when the battery charge reported by the remote to the Ignite TV Box reaches 5% or less. While other features like changing channels and volume may not be immediately affected, this is the point where voice control can start to become less responsive and/or intermittent.

Because these are service messages containing important information to help ensure your Ignite TV service works as expected, it’s not possible to opt out.

For instructions, or help with any remote issues you can visit https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/remote.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  I have never received any such emails... perhaps because I (normally) use my own router, with my Ignite gateway in bridge mode, and this prevents Rogers from polling my set-top boxes?

Looking forward to seeing an answer to your question from the @CommunityHelps team.

RogersZia

Hi there @Biollw,

I'll be happy to clarify! This step is a part of our commitment to improve the customer experience and promote self-serve options on rogers.com.

Customers will be notified by email or SMS when the battery charge reported by the remote to the Ignite TV Box reaches 5% or less. While other features like changing channels and volume may not be immediately affected, this is the point where voice control can start to become less responsive and/or intermittent.

Because these are service messages containing important information to help ensure your Ignite TV service works as expected, it’s not possible to opt out.

For instructions, or help with any remote issues you can visit https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/remote.

RogersZia

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
They do? Of course this is probably only to the @rogers.com email? I have never used it, not even sure what the address is.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
It would be to whatever email is listed on the account profile.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

What next for e-mails...."Your recording of Crime Beat is complete and ready to watch", "Your recording for Thursday for Crime Beat is set".

Stay out of my space !

Correct.

While our household has 3-4 rogers.com email addresses, the main one for my account, is actually a Gmail.
And I do receive these emails to that address.

No, he's right, it's a complete waste of time and resources. I just received one of these emails today.

There is already an on-screen notification, which as far as I'm concerned is plenty. I'm not going to be concerned about the battery levels on my remote unless I am actively watching TV, and the on-screen notification is obvious and impossible to ignore.

That notification begins at 30% battery, which is well above what I would consider "low battery". By the time I receive an email about it, I will have already seen the on-screen notification several times. The remote has continued to function normally.

Nagging me to replace the batteries on my remote via email does nothing to improve the customer experience, and customers should absolutely be allowed to opt-out of receiving them.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation