Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

@doronmelnick wrote:

The XR15 remote apparently cannot be switched to IR mode. I tried the 987 code today and it didn't work. I spoke to Rogers tech support and they confirmed it can't be done. Unfortunate, because it means I can't control my Sonos Beam sound bar volume from the XR15 remote. This is a Sonos and Samsung issue because my TV, being an older Samsung, doesn't have ARC so I need to use the Optical out jack to connect to the Sonos, and the Sonos when connected via Optical doesn't accept RF remote commands, only IR.

Not exactly sure what your technician means, here.

When I "pair" my remote with my TV (and sound system),  volume control definitely works on IR. 

To prove, I can pull the plug on my TV box and the XR15 will still control the volume of my TV.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@doronmelnick wrote:

The XR15 remote apparently cannot be switched to IR mode. I tried the 987 code today and it didn't work. I spoke to Rogers tech support and they confirmed it can't be done.

The Ignite voice remote only communicates with the Ignite set-top box via RF; it controls other devices with IR signals.  Entering setup code 987 will unpair the remote from the STB, and cause the remote to emit IR signals only until it gets re-paired to the STB.

If you cannot find a setup code that works with your Sonos sound bar, you may not be able to control it with the Rogers remote.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the link for the Rogers XR15 remote and how to setup the remote:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365

The code for Sonos appears to be 33919.  Have you tried entering that for the audio device? These remotes cannot control all devices, so if that doesn't work, you can try contacting Sonos and URC...

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

@doronmelnick wrote:

The XR15 remote apparently cannot be switched to IR mode. I tried the 987 code today and it didn't work. I spoke to Rogers tech support and they confirmed it can't be done.

The Ignite voice remote only communicates with the Ignite set-top box via RF; it controls other devices with IR signals.  Entering setup code 987 will unpair the remote from the STB, and cause the remote to emit IR signals only until it gets re-paired to the STB.

If you cannot find a setup code that works with your Sonos sound bar, you may not be able to control it with the Rogers remote.

I believe that unpairing code is 981 ??

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-remote-unpair

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ColdGranite wrote:
I believe that unpairing code is 981 ??

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-remote-unpair

That's a typo.  Setup code 981 resets the remote to defaults.  While that will unpair the remote, it will also clear the programming for other devices.

If you only want to unpair the voice remote from the Ignite set-top box and leave other programming intact, use setup code 987.