Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Good evening.

I was wondering if it is possible to program the ignite tv remote (RX15) to operate in IR only mode.  I can not teach my universal remote commands because Rogers remote is in RF mode.

I understand I will lose the voice option, which I don't mind.

Thanks in advance.

***Added Labels***

Re: Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Hey @cnp!

To my knowledge assignment of RF vs IR solely for the remote is not a currently available feature. Can you confirm for us though which universal remote you're trying to program? There may be discussions on the board that might help you out.

@RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

@cnp wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible to program the ignite tv remote (RX15) to operate in IR only mode.  I can not teach my universal remote commands because Rogers remote is in RF mode.

I don't have an XR15 remote to test with but I do know that you can put the XR11 remote into IR mode.  To do this, press and hold the Setup button until the status light turns green, then punch in code "9 8 7".  The remote will then send IR signals to the Xi6 set-top box.

To put the XR11 back into RF mode, reset the remote (press and hold the Setup button until the status light turns green, then punch in code "9 8 1") and then re-pair it with the set-top box.

The XR15 works a bit differently (it doesn't have a Setup button) but you should still be able to put that remote into IR mode by pressing and holding the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons simultaneously until the status light turns green, then punch in code "9 8 7"