Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnp
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Good evening.

I was wondering if it is possible to program the ignite tv remote (RX15) to operate in IR only mode.  I can not teach my universal remote commands because Rogers remote is in RF mode.

I understand I will lose the voice option, which I don't mind.

Thanks in advance.

***Added Labels***

RogersAndy

Re: Ignite Tv Remote in IR mode only

Hey @cnp!

To my knowledge assignment of RF vs IR solely for the remote is not a currently available feature. Can you confirm for us though which universal remote you're trying to program? There may be discussions on the board that might help you out.

@RogersAndy

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cnp wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible to program the ignite tv remote (RX15) to operate in IR only mode.  I can not teach my universal remote commands because Rogers remote is in RF mode.

I don't have an XR15 remote to test with but I do know that you can put the XR11 remote into IR mode.  To do this, press and hold the Setup button until the status light turns green, then punch in code "9 8 7".  The remote will then send IR signals to the Xi6 set-top box.

To put the XR11 back into RF mode, reset the remote (press and hold the Setup button until the status light turns green, then punch in code "9 8 1") and then re-pair it with the set-top box.

The XR15 works a bit differently (it doesn't have a Setup button) but you should still be able to put that remote into IR mode by pressing and holding the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons simultaneously until the status light turns green, then punch in code "9 8 7"

Paul2121
I've Been Around

How do I Program my Bose universal remote to control ignite tv box?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Paul2121 Welcome to the Community!

I don't have Bose equipment so I can't give specific instructions.  If Bose does have setup codes for "Rogers", it's likely to control the legacy Digital TV set-top boxes.  Does your documentation provide you with setup codes for "Comcast", "Comcast Xfinity", or "Comcast X1"?  That's what you will need to control the Ignite TV equipment.

The IR receivers on the Ignite STBs also require a rather direct line of sight, so you will also need to ensure that you point your Bose remote directly at the set-top box.

Mscann04
I've Been Here Awhile

My current setup involves my cable boxes placed in my furnace room. I run an IR transmitter to each TV. This involves the transmitter being placed over the eye of the cable boxes but I do not see one on the new ignite boxes. Anyone have this issue?

Bplayer
I'm a Senior Contributor

Your post is a bit confusing (maybe too much information). It seems you just want to know about the location of IR receiver on the Ignite TX box. There are about six tiny triangles on the right front of the box. This is likely where the IR receiver is located. If not, then just move transmitter across the front of the box until the signal is received.

ColdGranite
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mscann04 wrote:

My current setup involves my cable boxes placed in my furnace room. I run an IR transmitter to each TV. This involves the transmitter being placed over the eye of the cable boxes but I do not see one on the new ignite boxes. Anyone have this issue?

This thread explains:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/xi6-box/td-p/3305482#

Mscann04
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you