Ignite TV to a Projector

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV to a Projector

The Ignite boxes do not have separate audio. Is there a way to get audio to my receiver so I can hook up to my projector?

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV to a Projector

Yeah, unfortunately you are seeing this more and more now.
I just picked up a new ATV4, which only has HDMI out, vs the 3 used to have optical out.

I think the majority of these are now expecting, that people are going to 
A ) be running them through the receiver first.  So 1-X HDMI devices into the receiver, then output to the TV (or projector).
B ) multiple devices to the TV, then do the audio out from the TV to the receiver.

The issue in this case is, if your projector is not always the primary display?  Like you have a TV as well?
Not as easy as you would have to switch the output from the receiver to one or the other.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks,

The projector in this room, is the only display.  It only has one HDMI imput so I do have an HDMI switcher with a DVD player also hooked up.  Both my projector and receiver have been around for a while.  The receiver does not have HDMI in/output.  I wonder about an HDMI audio extractor splitter with an fibre optic.  Could I run the HDMI out from the Ignite box through one of these to hook up fibre optic audio to my receiver?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would probably work.. not too crazy expensive.

Guessing the DVD player is outputing its audio to the receiver then?

Might want to consider if you get the audio extractor maybe then to put it AFTER your hdmi splitter? lessen the amount of cables and then ANYTHING through the splitter would be outputted to the receiver.

Long run investment might be worth getting a newer receiver, which will include the HDMI switching, etc.
Again, as more and more tech may be going this way.
Saw a bunch of them around black friday/boxing day, in the sub $300 range.
(we picked up one for the boardroom at work, was $250, 5 hdmi input, 100w / channel, 7.1)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks so much. I appreciate you taking the time.