cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV starts playback long after I press Record

Jorg
I'm here a lot

Hi guys,

For example, I press Record at 10:00. When I go back to watch the recording, it doesnt start at 10:00 - it starts at about 25 seconds later. So the first 25 seconds of the show is missing. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Many thanks.

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite TV starts playback long after I press Record

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers IgniteTV streams about half a minute behind the actual time. For example, if you look at a channel like CP24, the time will be off by half a minute compared to the exact time.  This is because of the mechanism that Rogers uses in their head end, etc.

If you want your recordings to start in time to catch the beginning, set a recording by pressing the red record button in the guide before the programme actually starts, or schedule the recording using any of the other methods for doing so.  These scheduled recordings will start 1 minute before and end 1 minute after the time in the guide.  These scheduled recordings can also be modified further to start and end later, depending on preference.

Jorg
I'm here a lot

These are usually not scheduled recordings. I could be just watching something live and decide to record the program, this is when playback starts about 25 seconds after I press the record button.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've never done that, so I just did a test (using CP24) and you're correct.  If I go to the recording, it starts about 30 seconds after I ask it to start recording.

However, if you hit record and watch the recording right then without tuning away or watching the recording later, you can rewind to the point you first tuned to that channel.

On some channels there is a "replay" option, so if you click guide and see a blue right arrow to the right of the description, you can hit "play" and watch the programme from the beginning.  Depending on the programme you may or may not be able to skip commercials.

So, the "problem" is present if you wish to record now and watch the programme later.  I guess you'll just have to remember what you saw for those "missing" 30 seconds... 😉

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation