cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV remote

davidhurl
I've been around

I suppose this isn’t a serious complaint. More of a suggestion. You need to find out who designed the Rogers Ignite TV remote. Ask them why they put the exit button right below the rewind button. Made them the same shape and size. Didn’t make it illuminate for times it is being used in the dark. Ask them why they did such an horrible thing. Then explain to that person why they were not meant to be a designer of anything and then provide them training for a new line of work. And then publish their earlier response about why they did such a horrible thing so that other people can avoid the mistakes that the remote designer made.

Now I can go back to Disney Plus which for some reason stopped when it tried to rewind the last scene of Willow.

*Added Labels*

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ignite TV remote

RogersMoin

Hello, @Fdavidhurl.

Thank you for your suggestion, and welcome to our Community!

We appreciate you taking the time and providing detailed feedback about the Ignite Voice Remote. 

Not sure if you have tried, but we can do most controlling functions using Voice Commands

We look forward to having a better Ignite TV remote design in the future. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

reed935
I plan to stick around

I currently use the XR11 remote, cause I find the XR15 too difficult to deal with on an ongoing basis as the directional buttons are hard to press at times.  I notice that the "A", "B", and "C" buttons are already setup, but that "D" is blank.  I find that I regularly check the remote battery level, which requires a whole bunch of button presses to get there.  Is there any way to attach the remote settings to the "D" button ??

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@reed935 wrote:

I currently use the XR11 remote, cause I find the XR15 too difficult to deal with on an ongoing basis as the directional buttons are hard to press at times.  I notice that the "A", "B", and "C" buttons are already setup, but that "D" is blank.  I find that I regularly check the remote battery level, which requires a whole bunch of button presses to get there.  Is there any way to attach the remote settings to the "D" button ??

The only button that can be customized to some degree is the "B" button, which is assigned to an Accessibility function.

Also, the "D" button does have a function -- Delete.  You can use it to delete a selected recording.  After pressing the "Last" (or Left Arrow button), "D" deletes all history items.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@davidhurl wrote:

I suppose this isn’t a serious complaint. More of a suggestion. You need to find out who designed the Rogers Ignite TV remote. Ask them why they put the exit button right below the rewind button. Made them the same shape and size. Didn’t make it illuminate for times it is being used in the dark. Ask them why they did such an horrible thing. Then explain to that person why they were not meant to be a designer of anything and then provide them training for a new line of work.

There have been rumours that Comcast is about to release new remotes with a revised design.  They recently released the XRA Big Button Remote , which is targeted at customers with special accessibility needs.  I'm still hoping to see another model that will replace the XR11 and XR15.

AV_Fan
I plan to stick around

You can use the voice command ‘remote settings’ to check the remote battery level.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AV_Fan wrote:

You can use the voice command ‘remote settings’ to check the remote battery level.

Or simply say the word "battery".

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

@AV_Fan wrote:

Or simply say the word "battery".

Or, don't worry about the battery level at all.  The status LED on the XR remotes will blink red 5 times after every button press when the batteries are very low and need to be replaced.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote: Or, don't worry about the battery level at all.  The status LED on the XR remotes will blink red 5 times after every button press when the batteries are very low and need to be replaced.

You'll see on-screen nags long before the LED on the remote, but you can ignore them until the remote doesn't work any more.  Just make sure you've got the correct alkaline batteries ready. Usually the voice command functionality fails before the remote button presses.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Can-you-disable-low-battery-warning-for-Ignite-remot...

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation