cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV re Universal Remote

wolverine99
I plan to stick around

I am looking to switch to Ignite TV, to do this I am buying a new TV and AVR to replace my aging units. If I also get a Universal Remote to control these two and my DVD, is it accurate to say I still require the Ignite remote to get its features ( Voice Command for instance)? Also if the Universal Remote turns on the TV will the Ignite remote still operate or does the TV need to be turned on with the Ignite remote? Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ignite TV re Universal Remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wolverine99 wrote:

1. If I also get a Universal Remote to control these two and my DVD, is it accurate to say I still require the Ignite remote to get its features ( Voice Command for instance)?

2. Also if the Universal Remote turns on the TV will the Ignite remote still operate or does the TV need to be turned on with the Ignite remote? Thanks.

1. Yes.

2. Yes, the IgniteTV remote will operate, but I don't know why you would want the TV to be off while operating the IgniteTV remote.

Re: Ignite TV re Universal Remote

wolverine99
I plan to stick around

That is not really what I was implying in 2, maybe my bad wording, but you answered my question nonetheless. Thanks.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation