Ignite TV -- problem with scheduled recordings that take a hiatus
I couldn't find any other reports of this problem so I chose to start a new one. When I schedule a series to record New episodes, it works just fine most of the time. However, it appears to fall apart when there is a period of greater than 2 weeks where the series that I had previously set up is not on (e.g. when they go into their winter hiatus). When the series starts up again, it does not restart the recording. I have to go back in and reschedule recording. These schedules were maintained without a problem on the Nextbox3 cable TV system. We record almost every series that we watch so we can enjoy it at our leisure. Being forced to redo this for all of the programs that take breaks (and that's the majority of them these days) is going to be a major annoyance. Am I missing something in setting up my recording?
As an aside, I would like to see more users of these forums open new Subjects rather than smashing so many of them into the "Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Question" where they are difficult to search and follow.
I can imagine how troublesome this must be to have to set up your recordings for a single show more than once. I haven't personally come across this but can you walk me through the steps you're taking to record a new series?
Also wondering if anyone else in the community has experienced this.
Re: Ignite TV -- problem with scheduled recordings that take a hiatus
A few Comments and Questions follow:
1. Are you using the "new" modifier for your series recordings? Is the "new" modifier present on the programming that should be recording after the hiatus?
2. I find the "new" modifier to often be hit/miss, so I often don't use it, preferring to record "everything" and deleting duplicates if they come up.
3. Is this happening on all your series that go on hiatus, or only some of them?
4. Sometimes after a hiatus the series may have a slight change in title. Even a single letter being different can throw off the series recording. For example, when Rick Mercer was on, they had about 3-4 different names for the programme (Rick Mercer Report, The Rick Mercer Report, for example). Here's my thread on IPG inconsistencies if it helps:
5. I hear that Ignite is much better with (most?) series than digital cable because series like Formula 1 maintain the same title rather than changing from say F1 Monaco to F1 Montreal, etc. I've also found it to be more accurate (using Anyplace) than the IPG on my 9865 PVR. Also discussed in recent posts in my inconsistencies thread.
Thanks for the quick replies. It will take me a while to check this out. I'm sure I have used the New modifier when scheduling. I can't be sure about whether it shows on the schedule since there is now way I know of to find information about a future program beyond 2 weeks. I'll look into this further and get back to you.
My Apologies! I went back and checked some of my other programs that were on hiatus but are restarting in less than 2 weeks from now and they are set up to record OK. I don't know what I did wrong with the 2 that I ran into yesterday that caused me to open this query. Since there are so many series that we record, I was very upset when I thought this wasn't going to work.
I may reconsider my use of the New modifier now that the Ignite system shows the Series and Episode numbers, making it easier to keep track of episodes.