cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV not working after using chrome cast

kennedymt
I've been here awhile

After using chromecast for streaming a service like Hoopla and then returning to the TV input, Ignite TV does not work. I need to unplug the box and then wait about 5 minutes for the TV to come back on. Is this normal? If not, can anyone suggest what I should do to resolve this. Thank you.

***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ignite TV not working after using chrome cast

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @kennedymt!

Welcome to the community!

That's certainly a unique issue! I haven't experienced it personally when casting to my Android TV (chromecast built in). Has anyone else in the community experienced this issue as well?

Is this with a Chromecast connected to a tv? Or Chromecast built in? If it's connected, what's the brand / model of the tv?

What Chromecast version are you using?

Is the Chromecast updated to the latest firmware?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

I have had the same issue - on occasion - when I use my Apple TV.  I change the input to use Apple TV, then when finished, I change the input to go back to Ignite TV.  The screen goes black and the only way to get Ignite TV back is to reboot the box.  It doesn't happen all the time, but I would estimate about 50%.

kennedymt
I've been here awhile
Thank you for responding Andy. This is an old chromecast (model H2G2-42) plugged into a Sharp Aquos TV. I’m not sure about updating the firmware for the Chromecast. Could you suggest a good reference on how to update it? Thanks.
Myles

The chrome cast would automatically update to the newest firmware (if available) when ever its powered on and connected to WiFi, its not something the user could do them self with a chrome cast

As for the issue, I have a Chrome cast myself, when you watch it, its just like changing inputs on your TV to watch another device such as a VCR or DVD or Blue Ray player. Its quite frustrating and strange how changing an input of your TV to a different and unrelated device could have an impact on your ignite cable box, I tested this myself and no issues changing inputs from my chrome cast back to my cable or antenna.

kennedymt
I've been here awhile
Thanks very much for the info re: chromecast firmware Pauly. I figure this problem must have something to do with switching to Ignite TV a month or so ago. This was not an issue when I just had regular cable TV.

PLM1
I've been here awhile
The same problem with my TV’s is solved by pressing and holding the ROGERS button on the Remotes.

Thanks for the tip @PLM1!

If that solves the issue for anyone else, please let us know. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

dgoldberg
I've been here awhile
For the last 24 hrs I can cast Ignite TV from my iPad or iPhone. It looks like a connection has been made and the TV screen shows the correct ignite channel but the video never comes on. I just get the three dots and it keeps me waiting. My other apps, like Netflix, work fine. Any ideas?

dgoldberg
I've been here awhile
*can’t cast

Greetings @dgoldberg!

Thank you for your contributions to the Community! 😊 We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing. As the other apps are in working condition, it sounds like the issue may be the Chromecast itself. I just have a few questions for you to get this issue ironed out.

What  iOS version are you using on each respective Apple device?

Have you had the chance to uninstall and reinstall the Ignite TV app? Does it work thereafter?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation