Ignite TV - not able connect to Sony Bravia TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - not able connect to Sony Bravia TV

Unfortunately I stopped digging for a solution over a year ago...it was driving me crazy!! I ended up just buy a newer LG TV which has been working great for me. Funny thing is I still have that old Sony it's just not in use in any capacity at the moment. I've thought about bringing it out again to try, but am quite doubtful!! It just unfortunate that technology keeps on outdating itself, more and more rapidly!:(. I actually quite enjoyed that little Sony TV and wish it had been able to adapt!! Sadly, after all of this I will likely never buy Sony again!

Hello, @Thundermouth

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can completely understand why you'd want to ensure that your equipment will be compatible with the ignite TV system before deciding to make the switch.

As long as your TV is compatible with HDMI it should work without issues. If it is an older TV and there are issues with HDMI, there are adaptors that can be used to resolve these issues.

I hope this will help you in your decision to switch to Ignite TV. Let us know if you'd like help making the switch.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

FYI, I had the same problem with my older 2006 Sony Bravia TV that would not setup with the new Ignite TV control units..  A Rogers Tech came in today and checked it out.   He changed/ reduced the digital video output resolution setting as recommended in other post responses, But it Didn't work.  

At the end he used an HDMI to YPbPr+R/L converter and plugged the older video cables into the TV and it worked ..  More cables and all, but at least I can use the old Sony.. 

I've Been Around

Same problem - tv is  only 4 years old!  Big disappointment 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WL2020 : Did you try all the recommendations in post 3 of this thread?  It should work.

What happens on the TV?  Black Screen?  "No Signal", etc?

I've Been Around

The problem is not picture quality, it's that the Ignite remote won't control any function of the tv during the setup.

You tell the tv that it's Ignite which it can see but it will not see the model # of the Ignite box

I just installed a 2020 Sony Bravia yesterday and I've tried everything !!

Thx and good luck

Kitchener On