cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV lost favorites

mascf1
I Plan to Stick Around

My Ignite TV box lost all the Favorites I had set, I've had these Favorites for over 5 months when I switched to Ignite from Cable.  The modem is in bridge mode and I use my own router for WIFI.   The person in Support I spoke to clearly did not understand how WIFI and networking works and was telling me to turn off the bridge mode and disable the WIFI on the modem to prevent the lost off favorites again.  This makes absolutely no sense when the favorites are apparently stored in the cloud and it's irrelevant which device is providing the WIFI when the actual IP to the internet and Rogers cloud is still coming from Rogers and is passed from the modem to the router.  

Support also denied there was a software update, yet the version on the box is now different!

Previous release version was 137.0.0 and the current version is 143.0.0.

Has anyone else experienced the loss of Ignite Favorites after the last software update? 

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ignite TV lost favorites

RogersMaude

Good day @mascf1,

Thank you for posting to the Rogers Community! I can understand why the loss of your configured Favorites can cause some inconveniences.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps since noticing the issue?

We normally recommend rebooting both the Ignite TV set top box as well as the Ignite Internet gateway before investigating further.

I'm also curious as to whether you're the only user impacted by this. Does anyone in the Community also encounter this problem?

RogersMaude

Re: Ignite TV lost favorites

mascf1
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no idea if other customers in my area were affected.  I know for a fact there was a software upgrade when  it went from version 137 to 143.  Support only recommended disabling bridge mode on the modem, claiming that the TV box would only lose favorites if it loses connection to the cloud, which clearly it didn't when my internet connection has been up for the past 8 straight days. 

I just re-added all the favorite channels.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation