Ignite TV is Awesome!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV is Awesome!

Being a long time customer of Rogers, I went here before changing to Ignite TV.  I read so many bad postings and complaints - I almost canceled from my cable service. I am in North York, Toronto, Ontario.

I was expecting the worst but honestly, it was so simple and I love my new Ignite TV.  It was the best decision ever.

I switched to the 1GB Internet and get IgniteTV bundle with the phone. The setup was 1 hour - literally simple. The technician came early. I had him move the router two times and before he left, he did a speed test in every room of my house.  Then he was patient when he showed me how to use the voice command remote.

It's been a week. The TV is crystal clear (only I did see a few square flakes for less than 1 sec) a few times. I had zero delays in switching channels.  The 1080hp old dumb TV worked perfectly.  I love it.  The speed of my internet is super fast/at lightning speed and now everything is better. I watched Netflix all the time as well during prime night time internet and TV watching periods.

We work from home. Have 12+ devices going (with a gamer) using lots of high-resolution graphics.  

Anyways - I wanted to leave a positive comment. 

CL

*Added Labels*

Re: Ignite TV is Awesome!

Hello @ChristmasinNY!

A very warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! 👍

Often times, we see a lot of comments that lean more towards the negative end of the spectrum which is understandable, as many users are in here searching for help for their issues or concerns. Even so, it's extremely refreshing to receive such a positive comment from one of our customers like yourself. 😊

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with the rest of the Rogers Community, we really appreciate it!

Hey, if anyone else had or is having a great experience with their Ignite TV service and would like to share it, please don't be shy!!! 

Cheers!
RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

@ChristmasinNY wrote:

Being a long time customer of Rogers, I went here before changing to Ignite TV.  I read so many bad postings and complaints - I almost canceled from my cable service. I am in North York, Toronto, Ontario.

I was expecting the worst but honestly, it was so simple and I love my new Ignite TV.  It was the best decision ever.

I switched to the 1GB Internet and get IgniteTV bundle with the phone. The setup was 1 hour - literally simple. The technician came early. I had him move the router two times and before he left, he did a speed test in every room of my house.  Then he was patient when he showed me how to use the voice command remote.

It's been a week. The TV is crystal clear (only I did see a few square flakes for less than 1 sec) a few times. I had zero delays in switching channels.  The 1080hp old dumb TV worked perfectly.  I love it.  The speed of my internet is super fast/at lightning speed and now everything is better. I watched Netflix all the time as well during prime night time internet and TV watching periods.

We work from home. Have 12+ devices going (with a gamer) using lots of high-resolution graphics.  

Anyways - I wanted to leave a positive comment. 

CL

*Added Labels*

Do you have 4k? i am wondering how the quality looks for sports, etc, i also have the 1GB ignite internet  package and im looking to make the switch over to ignite tv 

I've Been Around

I also just made the switch a couple of days ago. I too am very impressed. I have 4K and 1GB internet and no issues at all.

Hello @anealbharratt,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We certainly appreciate it.

I hope you continue to enjoy the Ignite TV service.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had Ignite TV installed on April 30, 2019. My Ignite TV Installer did a FABULOUS job with the installation. Its been 10 days now an all my family LOVE Ignite TV with the exception that converting from Digital TV channel numbers to Ignite TV channel numbers was somewhat of a challenge -- but after a while that issue is now resolved.

My Ignite TV Gateway is bridged and all 5 of our TV's are wireless -- I have a wireless Access Point on each floor of my house [Basement, 1st floor and 2nd floor] and TV performance works to everyone's satisfaction. Voice Control is simply outstanding. For those wondering my wireless system is based on 3 Ubiquiti UAP-AC Pro's. 

In another Rogers Forum I posted some info that some may find helpful.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Rogers-Ignite-TV-Installation-Experiences-Questions/...

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call