cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV-ios app, Closed Captioning

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

When I watch Live TV on my iPhone, I want to see closed captions as a default. Currently, I have to select the Playback Controls gear and switch closed captioning on. I understand not all programs would have closed captioning available. Is it possible to set the closed captioning as the default?

Thanks in advance.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV-ios app, Closed Captioning

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

On the Ignite TV app, I checked the Accessibility settings and it states for even more accessibility features can be found in the settings on your device. Go to settings and choose General, Accessibility, Subtitles & Closed Captioning. I've tried  a few shows and it seems to be working. I have also switched on audio description.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersYasmine

Good day @falcios !

I hope this message finds you well? 🙂

Thanks for the question! I did some testing at my end and it seems that when it comes to the Live broadcasts, you do have to manually switch the closed captioning to 'on' via the settings, with each visit to the app. The only time the closed captioning will work continuously, is with your recordings. We do, however, appreciate the feedback! 

Thank you, 

RogersYasmine

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

On the Ignite TV app, I checked the Accessibility settings and it states for even more accessibility features can be found in the settings on your device. Go to settings and choose General, Accessibility, Subtitles & Closed Captioning. I've tried  a few shows and it seems to be working. I have also switched on audio description.

Hey @falcios !

Wow, that's amazing! I totally didn't think about checking my device settings!! Thanks so much for sharing these findings with the rest of the community--I'm sure there will be others that will find this really helpful. 😄

Have a fabulous day and thanks for keeping the community a pleasant place to be!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation