Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

@57 wrote:

@bhoward57 : 1. Reboot the Rogers Modem?  2. Reboot your phone (usually unplug the base station for a while and replug if you have a cordless phone?)  3. Go into the Rogers phone main menu and make a change like de-activating voicemail and then re-activating?

If I do this "Go into the Rogers phone main menu and make a change like de-activating voicemail and then re-activating?" does it delete my greeting and all my saved VM?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 : I wouldn't think it would delete anything, but I honestly can't say for sure.  I believe there is an option to turn personal greeting on/off, perhaps that may do the trick.  Turning VM on/off is actually not accomplished from that menu.

Here's the link to turn VM on/off - it's different from going into the menu.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/set-up-additional-features

I would think that turning it on/off is not the same as removing the VM feature, which requires a call to Rogers and would likely delete messages...

I've Been Around

I have a similar problem.  Recently installed Rogers Ignite Home Phone.  The message waiting light won't go off.  I've gone into the *98 config menu and turned message waiting feature  "off" and then back "on".  The light stays on regardless and I get the quick beeps on all phones.  I even tried just pluging a single phone only into the Ignite box so that none of my other home phones are connected.  Same problem.  Nothing will clear the message waiting indicator.  Very annoying since the pre-Ignite Rogers phone box worked fine in this regard.  My first call to the Rogers technical team produced a "Oh, that's strange, I don't know what would cause that".  So any thoughts on what to do next?

Hey @bksmith,

Assuming all the previously discussed steps have been taken, and you've checked this with an alternative phone set (not another phone within the same set), then I would definitely recommend reaching out to support either via phone, chat or us here @CommunityHelps so we run through some modem specific troubleshooting. My first instincts would either lead to the modem not filtering the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) appropriately or that there's a cordless phone base answering machine causing the indicator appearing consistently. 

If the latter is possible, I definitely recommend ensuring it's been disabled, otherwise definitely check in with us and we can assist further Smiley Happy.

To contact Rogers via chat or phone information is available here: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

If you're not familiar with @CommunityHelps PMing process, you can find instructions here.

RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok seems like I have the same problem with the voice mail waiting. Stuttering dial tone and phone indicating msgw but no messages waiting.

Here's the wrench to all of your theories.  It just started this about 2-3 weeks ago. I have been on Ignite home phone since last July and all was fine until about 2-3 weeks ago.

So I guess you can go back and look at any system changes that have happened because prior to that both my Panasonic and VTech cordless sets work fine. Now they both indicate MWI.

Bill

London

I Plan to Stick Around

@Biollw wrote:

Ok seems like I have the same problem with the voice mail waiting. Stuttering dial tone and phone indicating msgw but no messages waiting.

Here's the wrench to all of your theories.  It just started this about 2-3 weeks ago. I have been on Ignite home phone since last July and all was fine until about 2-3 weeks ago.

So I guess you can go back and look at any system changes that have happened because prior to that both my Panasonic and VTech cordless sets work fine. Now they both indicate MWI.

Bill

London

Don't change any of your settings. Call Rogers and complain and talk to level 2 as well.

I have done everything possible with all settings reset but still same issue.

Called Panasonic as well.

Trust me this is Rogers and IgniteTV service (Home phone).

Rogers need to get their engineer to talk to Comcast if they have no idea how to fix this.

I'm very close to cancel my Rogers Ignite and go elsewhere......

Hello Community!

If you've attempted the troubleshooting as outlined by @RogersAndy to no avail, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further for you. Voicemail can be an incredibly important feature, so we don't want you to be frustrated with the indicator not working properly.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hello Community!

If you've attempted the troubleshooting as outlined by @RogersAndy to no avail, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further for you. Voicemail can be an incredibly important feature, so we don't want you to be frustrated with the indicator not working properly.

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I have done everything that you can think off...

5 support call, two technician visit

Trust me, this is not a simple "you forgot to check this box" option.

Rogers need to take a look at this from their backend.

For love of god, just contact Comcast engineer that they have more experience on their system.

I have open case with Rogers still.

ANY PLEASE DON'T RESET MY VOCE MAIL ...

That doesn't fix the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

So now after some changes by @RogersCorey , I get no VM indicator whatsoever. Even if there is VM.

Now back to Rogers Techs to fix the problem that was created by some other changes that were done some time or another in the last month.

Hello @Biollw!

Just a reminder that I did escalate a ticket to have this VM concern resolved. You do not need to get in contact with tech support at this stage. 

You should receive an update in about 24 hours, since I escalated this ticket around noontime yesterday.

Regards,

RogersCorey