Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

@seadooxp30  For ages, I was not getting ANY voicemail notifications on any of my telephones, and I was about to take this issue up again with Rogers.  Then, yesterday, I simply logged into https://rogers.com/onlinevoicemail -- I didn't play any messages, just logged in to see what messages were waiting -- and that seemed to have reset something because after I logged out, the MWI "lit" on ALL of my phones and everything seems to be working again now.

I'm still on firmware CGM4140COM_4.2p10s2 and my gateway has been up for more than 3 weeks now, so this didn't start working again due to an update or a reboot.

At the moment, I am not experiencing any telephony-related issues.  All that I can do is remain vigilant so that if MWI should stop working again, I will have something tangible (and hopefully more actionable) to report to Rogers.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- 

I wish !!!

I did exactly what you did to see if that resolve my issue. Still the same.

I'm on same firmware as you as well.

Did you click on anything specific when you logged into call manager page?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30  No, I did not do anything special.  I also did not log in and manage voice through MyRogers.  I just logged into the Online Voicemail system directly at https://onlinevoicemail.rogers.com , nothing else.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- 

You are correct!!!!!!!!

I just logged in using your link and magically everything started coming up!!!

I see WMI on now.

Lets see if it stays on!

Thanks again for your tip.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- 

still broken!!!

Only works until you pick up the phone and listen to VM.

After that back to same issue! no VMI if someone calls and leave a message.

Can you tell your contact to take a look at why logging to web fixes the issue for first VM only.

balabustar
I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem here, went through all the suggestions, didn't get the "New voicemail" indicator back or the stuttering dial tone.... This is a serious problem to have - the only way one could "guess" there's new voicemail is to actually dial #98 and check the voicemail box... "Missed call" is the only indicator that's appearing on my Panasonic cordless phone. This is a disaster.... started right away with the Ignite setup, thankfully I didn't need the disastrous so-called "app" and just used a wired connection to 10.0.0.1 and set everything up from there....

This whole Ignite thing is a complete failure. I was forced into "upgrading" due to my discounted digital package expiring  recently. There's really no noticeable improvements to boast about, the quality of some of the TV programming seems better, but that's it. Internet speed is just about the same, and this whole "home phone" thing is a complete disaster.

balabustar
I've Been Here Awhile

Now, this is interesting. When calling #98 and pressing 4 for Personal Options, if you were to turn Outcall Notifications "On" by pressing "2" you're told "That feature is not available". So basically Rogers flat out tells us voicemail notifications are NOT implemented! Great job!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi balabustar,

I am not sure if you are a bit confused but Outcall notification is NOT the same as Voicemail Notifications.

Outcall Notification is an enhancement feature so when you are calling your voicemail box to listen to your messages, it will give you an option like "to call this number now, press 5"   its basically a "quick" way to call back someone who left you a voice mail message instead of having to hang up and call them back

voicemail notification is totally different than outcall notification

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- 

Any news from your contact at Rogers?

This issue still ongoing ...

Thanks

Rolm
I Plan to Stick Around

I also had this try resetting your modem I think this is what I did to fix. Just be patient and it will go away