Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Anyone else noticed that this issue is back again?

I get notification on cordless phone screen for few min. If you pick up the phone and make a phone call, it goes away!!

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.0p12s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0
seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow! Am I the only one using land line 🙂

No one seen this issue lately???

RogersCorey

Greetings @seadooxp30!

I'm not seeing or hearing of any other similar complaints that this issue has returned as of yet.

I just want to make sure you've attempted to reboot your modem since this issue reoccurred. If that doesn't help, we will want to troubleshoot further and potentially submit an escalation.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance if the reboot doesn't help.

Regards,

RogersCorey

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30  I have noticed the same with the Technicolor XB6 but was not sure whether this was a actually problem with my Panasonic phone not adhering to standards or with the XB6-T.  My Nortel Vista phone's Visual MWI lamp works and maintains the correct state.  However, with my Panasonic cordless phone, the Voicemail waiting indicator turns on when I receive a message but then turns off when I make or receive calls.

The telephony implementation on the Arris XB6 seems to be better than that of the Technicolor.  Unlike the XB6-T, the XB6-A sounds a stuttered dial tone when you have a message waiting.  It also keeps the Voicemail waiting indicator on all phones in the correct state, including the Panasonic.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi -G-

you are absolutely correct..

I have exact same issue..

with my Panasonic cordless phone, the Voicemail waiting indicator turns on when I receive a message but then turns off when I make or receive calls.”

funny that I switched to Technicolor when I had pause issue with IgniteTV and now this issue started. Should I switch back to Arris😁

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you using Arris modem with Panasonic cordless phone? What firmware do you have?

Any side effect of going to Arris from Technicolor?

I used to have freezing issue with Ignite TV but I think that was related to backend and not modem.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30 wrote:

Are you using Arris modem with Panasonic cordless phone? What firmware do you have?

No, I currently have the XB6-T.

I initially had a (perfectly good) Technicolor XB6.  Rogers replaced it with an Arris, thinking/hoping that the problem I was experiencing at the time was due to faulty hardware.  (It was not.)  Ironically, the Arris turned out to be defective and it got replaced again with a Technicolor XB6.

Any side effect of going to Arris from Technicolor?

Going through all that was a pain but switching from one manufacturer to another and back again also gave me the opportunity to experience the subtle differences between two implementations of what should be equivalent products.

From an Ignite TV perspective, both perform well.  An "average user", who plugs the modem in, configures Wi-Fi and never looks at it again, will probably not notice any differences.  However, the Arris and Technicolor units are based on totally different hardware and totally different low-level software.  They each have their own unique quirks.  Neither version of the XB6 is perfect.

I used to have freezing issue with Ignite TV but I think that was related to backend and not modem.

I saw your previous posts and I'm quite certain that those glitches would have been caused by network-related issues.  If you had a defective Ignite gateway, like I did, that could also have exacerbated the problems that you were seeing.

I know that some folks here in the Community have had their Arris XB6 modems for longer than I have had Ignite TV, and they have not experienced any major issues with it whatsoever.  You could ask Rogers to swap the modem but you would be trading one set of bugs/quirks for different ones.  If your current setup is stable and working well-enough for you otherwise, I would leave everything as-is.

As for this MWI issue on the XB6-T, I would report it to Rogers; it should be fixable through a firmware update.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- 

Thanks !

Very informative and useful as always.

Will check with support today. For some strange reason I had to reboot my modem twice in past 2 days. Lost internet completely!

I hope rogers mods on this forum are not trying to update my modem!

Do you know what is the latest firmware for Technicolor Modem?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30  I don't work for Rogers so I don't know what firmware version is actually current or what fixes might be coming out in the near future.  I'll tag @RogersGordon  so that he is aware of this MWI issue on the XB6-T.

FYI, a few others have also reported brief, random outages in the Internet section of the Community.  It's not just you.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seadooxp30  I can't say with 100% confidence yet but it looks like the MWI issue on the XB6-T may have been fixed through a provisioning change.