cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Since I moved to ignite tv my phone only show “ you have voice mail” only until I pick up the phone.

if I pick up the phone and dial a number and put it back on the base, doesn’t show voice mail indicator any more.

i already called support and sharp rise surprise they reset my system without my permission!!

anyone have this issue when they moved to ignite tv home phone?

*Edited Labels*

181 REPLIES 181

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

3littebirds
I've Been Here Awhile

Got things straightened out with a hard reboot through tech support.  Turns out all my calls were going straight to voice mail, yet we had no indicators and when trying to access VM, got a busy signal.  This is the second time we have had this issue. Seems to be resolved now, except still no VM indicators. Once I could finally access VM it turns out I had 4 voice messages that I had no idea were there. 

As far as the open ticket regarding the outage to VM indicators - Tech Support said they are working on a software fix and testing it in the Lab but there is no anticipated resolution date at this point.  

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@3littebirds wrote:

Got things straightened out with a hard reboot through tech support.  Turns out all my calls were going straight to voice mail, yet we had no indicators and when trying to access VM, got a busy signal.  This is the second time we have had this issue. Seems to be resolved now, except still no VM indicators. Once I could finally access VM it turns out I had 4 voice messages that I had no idea were there. 

As far as the open ticket regarding the outage to VM indicators - Tech Support said they are working on a software fix and testing it in the Lab but there is no anticipated resolution date at this point.  

I have been told about this beta firmware for almost 2 months now!!!

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

********  VM indicator Still not working*******

After outage this morning I now get VM indicator and works!!

I can listen to it and delete it OR not listen to it and dial a number and still see VM indicatore.

Don't know if its final fix  or not

Can someone that had this issue, reboot their modem and test?

Also let me know if you have Arris or Technicolor modem

+++++

Update as of 10 am- Issue is back. no VM indicator!!!

+++++++

did ur firmware change can u check and post the version numbers if it did change

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pauly wrote:
did ur firmware change can u check and post the version numbers if it did change

No didn't change and issue is back again!!

MTA & DOCSIS Software Version: 7.1.1.0.46
Software Image Name: TG3482RGS_3.1p25s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: TG3482G
Packet Cable: 1.5

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

So here is my observation after having this issue for 4 months.

Rebooting your modem or replacing it with Arris doesn't solve this isse.

Reset or reboot (or whatever called from rogers side) of their ignite TV system appears to fix the VM indicator problem for hours and or few VM.

after that back to sq one!

@3littebirds wrote:

Thank you this was a good suggestion that I didn't know was possible.  Unfortunately I am not able to make the change to my voice mail settings.  Logged on to MyRogers, however only get a blank page when trying to access the Voicemail settings tab.  Time to call Tech Support I think. 

One thing I've found is that the page to get your VM's or make changes online doesn't work with Firefox.  It does, however, work with Chrome.  It may work with other browsers as well but I haven't tried.

DoubleEagle1
I've Been Here Awhile

I too just switched to Rogers Ignite and I too no longer have ANY indication I have a voicemail. No stuttering dial tone and no voicemail waiting on my screen. BOTH of which worked a month ago before switching to Ignite. I work at home 2 days a week so the messages are important. Without any indication... I have to basically hit *98 every time I come home to see if I have any messages?

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around
Get ready for concierge to tell you that you’r not Paying for land line so don’t complain about it!!!
It was shocking when they said that to me.
He started taking it back once I challenged him on his comment

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DoubleEagle1 : I know that Rogers really should have this working properly by now.  A workaround is to use the Home and Away Voicemail feature, available with RHP, which sends an e-mail (or text) to you as soon as there is voicemail. Not only do you then know that there is voicemail, but you can even listen to the voicemail itself on that device (cellphone, tablet, computer), since the e-mail includes a wav file of the voicemail.  Many people receive their e-mails on their cellphones, which they often have with them, so this may help you out.

See calling features in the following link:  https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-phone

DoubleEagle1
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I'll maybe try that until it's fixed.

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

So far I see voice mail indicator fixed (Hopefully stays that way)

It only took 5 months to fix....

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like got firmware 3.3 last night and its working now!

Fingers crossed/

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

So far I see voice mail indicator fixed (Hopefully stays that way)

It only took 5 months to fix....

Ignite TV Modem firmware updated to 3.3

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:
Software Image Name:
TG3482SV4_3.3p21s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:
TG3482G
Packet Cable:

View solution in original post

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Wow yes after 4 months wonders never cease.

Bill

But better late than never ! Thanks Rogers for sticking with this, and fixing it.

Happy for you & others
...still not working on my end.
Must i perform firmware update myself? If so...how?
Would appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thanks

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around
Mine got updated automatically
Which modem do you have?
I think you can also force the update by calling support or maybe rebooting the modem triggering firmware update

ghcharters
I Plan to Stick Around

How can I tell whether I have received the updated firmware? I rebooted the cable modem and checked the status using Rogers Button > Settings > About but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. It actually looks more like it's only referring to the stb since it shows "Living Room" as  the Device Name.  Is there somewhere else I can look?

Thanks,

Gil

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ghcharters : You're looking at the STB. You need to login to the modem by connecting your computer/device to it via ethernet (or WiFi) and typing the appropriate numbers into the URL of a browser.  The modem should have that information label on it - it'll be something like 198.168.0.1 and it'll also have the login and PW.

ghcharters
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. I have now done that and, under Software, I get ...

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_3.3p21s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0

So, I wonder if that tells me whether it's up to date. As I said, I had rebooted by disconnecting the modem,  waiting 60 seconds, then reconnecting it before gathering the above info.