Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV home phone voice mail indicators

So here is my observation after having this issue for 4 months.

Rebooting your modem or replacing it with Arris doesn't solve this isse.

Reset or reboot (or whatever called from rogers side) of their ignite TV system appears to fix the VM indicator problem for hours and or few VM.

after that back to sq one!

I'm Here A Lot

@3littebirds wrote:

Thank you this was a good suggestion that I didn't know was possible.  Unfortunately I am not able to make the change to my voice mail settings.  Logged on to MyRogers, however only get a blank page when trying to access the Voicemail settings tab.  Time to call Tech Support I think. 

One thing I've found is that the page to get your VM's or make changes online doesn't work with Firefox.  It does, however, work with Chrome.  It may work with other browsers as well but I haven't tried.

I've Been Here Awhile

I too just switched to Rogers Ignite and I too no longer have ANY indication I have a voicemail. No stuttering dial tone and no voicemail waiting on my screen. BOTH of which worked a month ago before switching to Ignite. I work at home 2 days a week so the messages are important. Without any indication... I have to basically hit *98 every time I come home to see if I have any messages?

I Plan to Stick Around

Get ready for concierge to tell you that you’r not Paying for land line so don’t complain about it!!!
It was shocking when they said that to me.
He started taking it back once I challenged him on his comment
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DoubleEagle1 : I know that Rogers really should have this working properly by now.  A workaround is to use the Home and Away Voicemail feature, available with RHP, which sends an e-mail (or text) to you as soon as there is voicemail. Not only do you then know that there is voicemail, but you can even listen to the voicemail itself on that device (cellphone, tablet, computer), since the e-mail includes a wav file of the voicemail.  Many people receive their e-mails on their cellphones, which they often have with them, so this may help you out.

See calling features in the following link:  https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-phone

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I'll maybe try that until it's fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

So far I see voice mail indicator fixed (Hopefully stays that way)

It only took 5 months to fix....

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like got firmware 3.3 last night and its working now!

Fingers crossed/

I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

So far I see voice mail indicator fixed (Hopefully stays that way)

It only took 5 months to fix....

Ignite TV Modem firmware updated to 3.3

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:
Software Image Name:
TG3482SV4_3.3p21s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:
TG3482G
Packet Cable:

I'm a Senior Contributor

Wow yes after 4 months wonders never cease.

Bill